• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Half of menswear takes inspiration from military wear so unless you find the vast majority of menswear weird.... though I have a feeling you're not talking about the military but about something else and you're skirting around the topic to be PC

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half of menswear takes inspiration from military wear so unless you find the vast majority of menswear weird.... though I have a feeling you're not talking about the military but about something else and you're skirting around the topic to be PC

I feel like my initial post already answered the first part of this

but regarding the second part, I assume you think that what I'm actually referring to is terrorists/ISIS/similar?

If so then sure, but I figure either side/sides dress relatively alike when they're out in a scorching hot desert. Still though, my very first thought was that I thought he looked like a character out of "Spec Ops" (using that specific game as an example fully intended)

Last edited:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa awesome to see some Greg Lauren on the forum. Great stuff, wish it wasn't eyepoppingly expensive

0JSIMPS0N

Reaction score

Idk about this, I'm all for military inspired outfits and pieces but this ensemble skirts a bit too close to looking an actual military outfit (which is a bit weird imo)

Then again, maybe I'm just more influenced than I knew of the western worlds portrayal of such matters, which if so probably isn't an accurate depiction of reality

agreed. that looks like a ******* suicide bomber vest. definitely wouldnt be wearing that **** these days.

also that scarf reminds me of the ones the 9/11 bombers wore in fahrenheit 911 (yes I know its a movie but its based on real life). That outfit is too fashion for me.:

6151764-terrorist-Stock-Photo-terrorist-mask-terror.jpg

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know this is pretty pedestrian stuff compared to most of the posts in this thread, but the guys in MC would roast me if I post this over there in the casual thread, so here it goes.. RRL except the boots..

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
also that scarf reminds me of the ones the 9/11 bombers wore in fahrenheit 911 (yes I know its a movie but its based on real life). That outfit is too fashion for me.:

wat. That's a plain old Jordanian shemagh. It's mostly old people who wear them with suits.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
el Bert, I like that a lot. The scarf may be close to pushing it into "military contractor" territory, but I think it works. Whats the vest?

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are over thinking it lol maybe from that angle it looks like some kind of body armor. Vest is from N Hoolywood 2010. Scarf is Geller mesh scarf in grey/mauve color. Here's the vest but mines black.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In France a couple of days ago.

This beautiful 13th century chateau (well, a small part of it) was my home for 4 days.
-

Last edited:

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I know this is pretty pedestrian stuff compared to most of the posts in this thread, but the guys in MC would roast me if I post this over there in the casual thread, so here it goes.. RRL except the boots..

Honestly looks really good. Nice fit on jeans/shirt/boots feels like the old SF uniform. I think when it comes down to it, the key is in minor details. Plus in summer unless you can go all out in flowing linen (my goal next year) there aren't many options.

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Honestly looks really good. Nice fit on jeans/shirt/boots feels like the old SF uniform. I think when it comes down to it, the key is in minor details. Plus in summer unless you can go all out in flowing linen (my goal next year) there aren't many options.

Thanks buddy.. :cheers:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads