• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cargo shorts are ******* awesome. You ever put a cheesy gordita crunch inside one of the many pockets and forget about it and then 5 hours later find it while fumbling for your phone? No? Get back to me when that happens and then try to insult cargo shorts again, you godamned philistine.

Last edited:

Stackson

Reaction score

First WAYWT, I apologize in advance for not having a full length mirror and iphone pics.
EDIT I'll get a better location and lighting for a full fit pic.

Last edited:

Doberman

Reaction score

Why is it that cargo shorts remain the default American male lower-body attire for summer? It's 2013.
you are mixing up fashion and style
Style doesnt have to follow a specific trend. Fashion does, by definition.
Who cares about fashion

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why did I unspoiler that blocked post?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who cares about fashion

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cargo shorts are ******* awesome. You ever put a cheesy gordita crunch inside one of the many pockets and forget about it and then 5 hours later find it while fumbling for your phone? No? Get back to me when that happens and then try to insult cargo shorts again, you godamned philistine.

while i have never encountered that specific scenario, the utility of cargo shorts is pretty undeniable.

Who cares about fashion

thats a very SF thing to say. well, more correctly, its a very MC thing to say. it also doesnt mean anything, and if it does, its wrong.

---

great fit, fishbones.

elduderino

Reaction score
Also, I'm not american. I was just trying it on, that's why there are no matching bottoms. I'm getting comfy for the night now. Wanna join, jety? :embar:
As long as I see guys running around in sweats, I can enjoy the utility of cargo shorts every now and then.

105°, I'm melting. I admire everyone who can keep a good look when it's hot, but I'm a sweaty mess. And yes, that's perfect for trying on a jacket :p

T, I love the rise of the pants and everything but the shoes (again!) of that fit.

Doberman

Reaction score
while i have never encountered that specific scenario, the utility of cargo shorts is pretty undeniable.
thats a very SF thing to say. well, more correctly, its a very MC thing to say. it also doesnt mean anything, and if it does, its wrong.

---

great fit, fishbones.

i agree Stitches that the 'who cares about fashion' comment was pure gratuitous provocative non-sense lol. I just meant it bothered me that someone seems frustrated just because a poor lad was wearing cargo shorts in 2013 !

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who cares about fashion

The main difference between style and fashion is that a lot of men are embarrassed to say that they are interested in fashion, so they say they are interested in style instead.

fireflygrave

Reaction score

i agree Stitches that the 'who cares about fashion' comment was pure gratuitous provocative non-sense lol. I just meant it bothered me that someone seems frustrated just because a poor lad was wearing cargo shorts in 2013 !

On a website about fashion, you are frustrated that someone expressed a thought that cargo shorts look like ****

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oh i see. i just meant that:

is a bunch of loaded buzzwords thrown together and does not mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads