• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a basic set of rules in MC that you can follow and look fine in any MC situation. SW&D isn't 1 dimensional.

Last edited:

Cacatfish

Reaction score
You can pretty much follow a game plan to look fine in swd too. To look really good in either side is far definitely not one dimensional.
If it were, a lot more people would be doing it.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shoreman, you look great. The haircut is fantastic, too. total package! what a mensch.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i politely disagree.

i have learned a great deal from MC about how to actually dress, and i know many others have as well. not to mention, for many people who work in a professional/office environment, the MC side is simply more practical for learning how to dress.

i think there are many great advantages of SWD over MC, in terms of both clothing and community. for example, i would not disagree with that big T said, but i dont think that i agree with that particular blanket statement in bold.

But half of the heavy-hitters in CM probably spend their weekends in cargo shorts - are they really that stylish?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You can pretty much follow a game plan to look fine in swd too. To look really good in either side is far definitely not one dimensional.
If it were, a lot more people would be doing it.

Fair to say that the spectrum of MC is more narrow?

Casey, MC WAYWRN casual is an abomination. I'd rather they just robopose in some tropical weight/linen suits.

Last edited:

Feji

Reaction score

Feji, nice with the knit. That SS?

Yea, was originally going to return it/flip it because the shoulders were a little too structured/large due to the fabric...but I took a chance that the fabric would settle down after a few wears, which it appears to be doing. I could as a last resort try to shrink it slightly since it's 100% cotton also. Hopefully it won't come down to that though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I always love this discussion.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is a basic set of rules in MC that you can follow and look fine in any MC situation. SW&D isn't 1 dimensional.

not quite. lots of people in MC look like crap, despite the rules they are attempting to follow. :)

Shoreman, you look great. The haircut is fantastic, too. total package! what a mensch.

i wish my "like" of this post counted as 100 likes. thats how much i enjoyed seeing synth use the word "mentch."

But half of the heavy-hitters in CM probably spend their weekends in cargo shorts - are they really that stylish?

:laugh: i can neither confirm nor deny this accusation.

I always love this discussion.

i hate it. there is no real answer or resolution.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all this MC talk, i could not restrain myself. spoilered for the ounce of restraint i had.

x-post from this morning.

pocket in tie is silly, but it makes me smile.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get annoyed when I'm trying to google old styleforum discussions and I keep ending up in CM.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

all this MC talk, i could not restrain myself. spoilered for the ounce of restraint i had.

x-post from this morning.

At first I thought this was really dark and there wasn't enough of a difference between the navy SC and the trousers. Then I realized I had f.lux set to candle, making my screen nowhere near colour true. :embar:

I'm clearly an idiot because that's a good example of what lies beyond the Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads