• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

reworked the boots and swapped out the pants for something slimmer...
img0330rr.jpg

img0327jo.jpg

img0328eh.jpg

img0325wg.jpg
(Prices - out of curiosity to show I spend nearly as much on tailoring as the original items)
Beige Jacket (Harrington?) - Prada
red check shirt - Club Monaco (shortened and darted $29 +20)
Brown leather belt - Uniqlo (shortened $20 + $7)
Green khakies - Uniqlo + Tailoring (slimmed and hemmed $30 + $20)
Brown boots - Timberland ($50)

You're a pretty skinny dude so the slimmer fitting pants look much better on your body. I think you'd do really well if you looked for some sleeker footwear as well—the Timberlands have got a bit too much beefiness in the toe box as well as throughout the rest of the foot.

And, though I don't know what your face looks like, maybe going clean-shaven might not be a bad look for you. Really next-level-cool facial hair (like I guess any part of one's style?) can require pretty thorough cultivation. (Unless you're trying to grow out a massive knucks-esque beard; or religious reasons, etc.)

Just my thoughts. :satisfied:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^this right here is an example of an excellent new poster all you noobz take notes

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Calm down.

???

If you did not realize, my post was 90% compliment 10% criticism. The OP understood.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think he was referring to the intensity of your post being similar to someone who is, as the kids say, tripping balls.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now, back in my BNY outlet days, I sold LVCs that were unsanforized-- they even came with a huge sticker warning buyers about the massive shrinkage that was about to go down.
Is that the case with yours? Because then there would be no hemming needed. Mother nature would take care of it.

C5q68.jpg

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Burial

Reaction score
Nice.
How does Cos knitweat fit (that is, chest size vs sweater's)?

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but it tends to be all over the place - some are deliberately oversized, some are cut nice and boxy, some regular and some slim. From my experience I'd say try in person.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks everyone for the comments...
pants are silent...think they're called 'palu'
ring is stolen girlfriends club....local brand

Thanks bud! Oh yeah.. I forgot to ask about the boots :D

wootx

Reaction score

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but it tends to be all over the place - some are deliberately oversized, some are cut nice and boxy, some regular and some slim. From my experience I'd say try in person.

ahah well I guess I'll go this way, since I always fall between S and M... Do they have any physical store in europe, or should I just go with trial and error online shopping?

edit: nevermind, they have several. Found one in milan, but it's quite a long way so i'd rather order stuff online

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads