• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
A black tie with green plaid is a terrible decision. In fact, just wearing a jacket with a plaid shirt is probably not going to work most of the time.
Whoa whoa whoa back the **** up because you're completely ******** on what I'm doing with my work stuff. I don't think this is right at all.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I thought the main problem with jamays00's fit was the shirt, which goes with neither the tie (which is shiny and skinny) nor the pants (which, and it could be my monitor, appear to be striped in a way that doesn't exactly scream "pair me with plaid" to me). Not that there's anything wrong with the shirt, just that it doesn't go with two elements of the outfit.

I'm also not crazy about the squared-off shoulders on the jacket, particularly on a more SW&D-ish fit, but that's maybe just me.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
not everyone wants to drag filth into the house.

Then don't take a picture in the house.

Schorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Shirt is pretty ugly on its own, but even if it wasn't, it's too casual to be worn with a tie.

Originally Posted by Listi
In fact, just wearing a jacket with a plaid shirt is probably not going to work most of the time.

Easy there, experts. 1) The right tie, in the right combination, can be worn in a casual setting. Tie /= formal. 2)There are thousands of examples of plaid shirts and jackets that work wonderfully together. This particular example is a little shiny and mod, but there's nothing wrong with the principle.

These aren't "rules" like "guys shouldn't wear makeup and clothes made for Japanese schoolgirls." <wink!>

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
1) The right tie, in the right combination, can be worn in a casual setting. Tie /= formal.
OK then. This shirt and this tie do not work together. Casual was a poor word choice on my part. Also all of my clothes are men's clothes but knowing this truth won't stop you from being a marsupial anyway

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4367.jpg

Jacket: Vivienne Westwood
T shirt: Uniqlo
Jeans: APC
Shoes: All saints

Schorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
OK then. This shirt and this tie do not work together. Casual was a poor word choice on my part.

Agreed!

Also all of my clothes are men's clothes but knowing this truth won't stop you from being a marsupial anyway
Didn't you see my <wink!>? Here:
wink.gif
I find the way you dress fascinating, I was just poking fun at the idea of there being rules to follow on a forum with this kind of diversity. Also, I take your side against those who would reduce your expression to what can be found on a JCrew mannequin.

Scooba

Reaction score
Gilt still had some of the Ervell denim in size 32, so I am returning the 34's. Hopefully the 32's fit better
blush.gif

xM.

Reaction score
haven't done one of these on here, so here's a boring start taken in the reflection of a fosters advertisement

KVuoy.jpg

rogues gallery/patrik ervell/our legacy

had an our legacy wool shawl cardigan on in the morning which was put away by the time i took this

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schorsch
Easy there, experts. 1) The right tie, in the right combination, can be worn in a casual setting. Tie /= formal. 2)There are thousands of examples of plaid shirts and jackets that work wonderfully together. This particular example is a little shiny and mod, but there's nothing wrong with the principle.

These aren't "rules" like "guys shouldn't wear makeup and clothes made for Japanese schoolgirls." <wink!>

i'd like to see a non-knitted tie go with any plaid/flannel, can't imagine it ever working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics