• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Gonna respond to this in turn.

N&f - was predicting stretch. Didn't. Will probably sell on b&s and grab 32s instead. Live and learn.

Suit was meant to be worn casually, think I was first to point out shortcomings in shoe dept there, disagree that it's "absurd" though.

Mcqueen shirt is awesome imo but can see why someone might think it was too much, difference of opinion. I do like it because it's mcqueen but not because of the label, I liked the prints in that collection. You don't, fine.

As for the shades I just like them, wear them with everything. So I don't see where you're coming from on that, it might be a "not seen in rl context" issue.

So yeah all that crit is fair, and appreciated, but you don't have to be a sarcastic **** like I have somehow personally offended you by doing my thing. I didn't backhand your mom, I posted something on an internet forum. You don't see me bitching when you post useless junk and you're lying to yourself if you think you haven't. I'd rather read circle jerk posts (aka the baller sneak thread) than single-member masturbatory sesh like the holier than thou **** you just brought up there. And I'm betting you wouldn't be a prick if it was in person. Talked to you when I read that assignment you did, you seem like you're a normal dude.

As for the other stuff, it's too tempting to dismiss it as petty subconscious jealousy, I won't do that but you're at least partly out of line. I enjoy other people's purchases vicariously, so I imagine the inverse is true, and if people didn't enjoy sharing their stoke on a new acquisition no one wouldve started recent purchases in the first place. The talk is more when more stoked, ie recent lanvin low kop, I am particularly amped on because I've wanted that pair for a while and they're better than I expected. But that doesn't mean me/sq/kvc/rfx whoever should be dismissed as just seeking validation. **** you think I'd even own a mcqueen print or n(n) silk coat or have posted that fit today if all I wanted was validation? Easy as **** to get the circle jerk going, not that everyone can be jkissi but see last week's business casual fit for reference, people were positive about it but it's not exactly hard to put a fit like that together.

Kind of why I don't want to hate on fertilizer's stuff even though it's not my cup of tea. Having a perspective / doing stuff out of your own comfort zone isn't easy to make look good and if dude even has a 1 in 5 success rate he's doing well. Which brings me to the last thing- I never lorded my e cred over the dude or even dealt with his clothing choices, I told him he should calm the **** down. Not the same thing.

Ps I am a semi-broke recent grad who most days wears one of the TWO PAIRS on lanvins I own (I'm not rfx with his closet full of lvuitton ish) or cps, jeans and a t shirt when not working. That's what I'm wearing now, can find an elevator if you don't believe me. The funding difference here is not exactly light years.

Originally Posted by Teger
stop using the waywt to talk about your hair or circlejerk on how nice your latest ebay find is.

do you want constructive criticism? those naked & famous jeans you wear are far too tight and make you look womanly. sperrys are a casual shoe and mixing them with a suit is absurd; you should wear some loafers. that mcqueen print is ugly, i don't care if it's from mcqueen. those bottega veneta sunglasses look neat in pictures but are also ridiculously contrived and costumey. the look you're trying to pull of requires a certain gravitas/life experience, and the fact that you have to seek constant validation by posting pictures here (and discussing your buys) means you don't have what's necessary. you know who does? the men's fashion director at neimann marcus who MC keeps jizzing over. this guy:

Screen-shot-2010-06-21-at-16.33.36.png

as someone else said, he doesn't have a blog, he doesn't post fit pictures, he dresses how he wants and **** everyone else. until you can do that, you can't disregard basic prescriptive rules of appropriate dress.

but all that is fine until you try to lord your 'sf status' over someone who does dress interestingly. nobody ******* cares how many posts you have or how many designer items you own. its meaningless.

the difference between you and fertilizer is that fertilizer posts his pictures because he has something neat to share, you post because you want to a. brag about your latest purchase $$$ and b. get validation. there's nothing wrong with the latter, except you're trying to lord your nonexistant e-cred over someone doing the former.

and yet, i don't really give a ****. you seem like an ok guy. i just want the stupid chatter to stop.

ps: the reason I don't post fits is because I'm a broke student who wears the same thing every day. today it was a 102 outside with brutal humidity, so I wore a hanes v-neck and some j crew shorts with sperrys. but if you really want, I can start taking fit pics, posting them, and then act offended/as if I know better when people post advice.

fertilizer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
man you say this stuff and honestly expect people to respect you? haha, this probably sums up why you annoy me. You have this weird superiority complex. And then you think that people who have different opinions from you don't know what they're talking about. besides, you don't need to know what you're talking about to like something or not. yeah i don't get it either. maybe this is why you're so vindictive. He wasn't insultin you, he just didn't like your fit. anyway, peace, love and happiness. It's too easy to appear like a dick on the internet, i'm sure you do have some good knowledge to contribute, so let's get on with it. When you're dishing out your pearls of wisdom, please try to do so without faeces or superiority complex.
i don't want your respect. don't need it. enjoy the debate and insulting you is all. it seems that i have already garnered the respect of those who i'd appreciate it from not to mention others whom i am not interested in. obviously my recent commentary about the 3 went over your head, or that you're just to jaded to think about ****. people do have different opinions than i and others, but some are just obviously stupid, ignorant and wrong. some carry more weight than others. i don't have any qualms of calling that kinda **** out. why do you assume i have a superiority complex? i'm just calling **** like i see it. by your very logic i could tag almost everyone on the internets guilty of disagreeing with having one. you should know what you're talking about if you are going to hate on it. i know he "just don't like" my fit, but i wanted to know why. and no hate on him cause he was being civil, but i got a response that a fellow linguist and i had already forseen. lastly you stepped 2 me. that's fine, but don't expect me not to fart in your direction as well. anyway war, **** and sodomy. maybe u have got the inferiority complex, i dunno...

fertilizer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by farraj18
I love how creative you are with your clothing choices. However, your recent ramblings portray you as being a major douchebag with a huge superiority complex. I'd suggest toning your reactions down a bit. It's off putting and only serves to rile people up. Regarding the posted look, I like it. The shoes seem out of place, especially with the amount of ankle that you're showing. They end up looking clownish. I'd suggest a lace-up with a thinner sole, a pair of black loafers, or lowering the inseem of the pants so you're showing about half as much ankle to compensate for the chunky appearance of the shoes.
thanks for the compliment and the suggestion, but it doesn't bother me if the regular collective portray me as such or the like. so no, i probably won't be toning down ****. that aside, could you pls elaborate on the "clownish" description? do my shoes really come off as to bulky or long? i.e. clownish? i suppose that's your opinion. i didn't feel like wearing sneakers or more sleeker/low profile shoes such as repettos or even loafers (don't care for loafers) mainly because the rest of the ensemble's articles are more casual imo. i could have not gone with cuffs or lowered them, but it's summer so i figured why not? so basically, if i am following this right, the shoes should have been omitted/sub'd for an alternative or the pants lowered for you to love this, yes?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God i was thinking of bolding some statements, but it seems pointless! it's all great stuff!

Originally Posted by fertilizer
why do you assume i have a superiority complex?
i don't want your respect. don't need it. enjoy the debate and insulting you is all. it seems that i have already garnered the respect of those who i'd appreciate it from not to mention others whom i am not interested in. obviously my recent commentary about the 3 went over your head, or that you're just to jaded to think about ****.

indeed.

lastly you stepped 2 me. that's fine, but don't expect me not to fart in your direction as well.

charming.

anyway war, **** and sodomy. maybe u have got the inferiority complex, i dunno...

ummm what does war **** and sodomy have to do with an inferiority complex?

and no hate on him cause he was being civil
Exactly.

You know what? you're probably right. Maybe you sound like a great guy in your posts. Maybe everyone was unwarranted in criticising your demeanor. Maybe you're perfectly justified in going around talking down to people and farting in my general direction.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
fwiw, this forum does have an ignore function and it does make this thread much more readable.

ive tried it before but its now to the point where if i used it on everyone i wanted to it would actually make this thread completely incomprehensible

which actually wouldnt be that bad tbh

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Lifestyle pic drunk:

40301_421740232551_502662551_4547209_3467660_n.jpg

TB
Our legacy
Margiela (I know, I know, I felt like wearing them)

So I'm going to derail this threak by asking: does anybody else notice that short people cross their legs more than tall people? I'm short, and I do it too, but my tall friends have pointed out that they find it uncomfortable to do so.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
im tall and cross my legs all the time - makes sitting in chairs more comfortable

fertilizer

Reaction score
@ hendrix

it is good that you agree with much of what is true. it takes a big man to admit he's wrong. you're almost there...just alittle bit...further. you don't even have dirty your knees and ******* wang or nuthin. you go boy! u might conquer that in-com after all!

war, sodomy and **** have nothing to do with your likely inferiority complex. i just wished them upon you and your like (as u wished me peace, luv, and happyz). after which i thought and stated(typed) out loud that you might have that sort of complex.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm 6'1 and some change.

I cannot cross my legs like scott is doing it physically hurts, but only because I have a penis not because I'm tall, but I do cross my legs when I'm sitting in a chair.

ataru

Reaction score
At 6' I can cross my legs "indian style" no problem but can't comfortably cross them while sitting in a chair except in the ankle on the knee manner.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waywt1.jpg
hi from new apt in brooklyn (GF always takes top-heavy pictures for some reason) Express APC Thrifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads