• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JD: Just stand up straight and blur your face out like you used to do. Your stances now make you look so frail and Benjamin Button-y.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm supposed to be at a wedding in two hours and i look like this.. even my clothes are a wrinkled mess. can't shave because my face is too sunburned, like three days worth of hungover Hell yeah
1zziauf.jpg
N Hoolywood Jil Tie Belt Raf Jil shoes nos visible

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys take these pictures? Do you have another SF member take them or do you do the whole tripod + 10 seconds to pose deal? I think I will start posting my fits

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
How do you guys take these pictures? Do you have another SF member take them or do you do the whole tripod + 10 seconds to pose deal? I think I will start posting my fits

i balance mine using a tube of toothpaste, squeeze to adjust angle (not even joking)

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
I have my butler take the pics

"god dammit Jeffrey I said Walking Pose! I want my Internet friends to praise my lanvin captoe shine you imbecile!!"

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I am not PhatGuido,Socal2nyc,or any other 'baller'. I have no aspirations to be those gentlemen. I have a wife, and I'd like to have a family,and a home, and some comfort. I am a guy. Sometimes my pictures suck, sometimes they are more 'lifestyle' than fit... but I stopped posting fits in the 'serious' waywt and kept most if not all of my fit posts and commentary about fits within this thread so as not to bog down the other thread. I felt I was following all of the 'rules' as far as WAYWT is concerned.

I am 24, I didn't finish college, I'm married. I don't live in a city where it is convenient to bike,take a taxi or use public transportation... if I did I'd have a new pair of shoes or a pair of jeans every payday like some of you lucky ones in major cities and along the coasts instead it goes in the gas tank or towards a credit card bill.

I am not a baller, i probably won't ever be. And from time to time I look like what I am, and from time to time I look better. When I have the time I post a fit, because this forum is a means of entertainment and a distraction.

It isn't a church, and it isn't a ******* country club.

If I missed some memo and I don't belong here I will leave, I was under the impression at least a handful were in a similar predicament, understood, or at the very least were willing to tolerate my presence here.

Again, if I am mistaken I'll find some place else to go.[/center]

Allow me to toss on my amateur psychologist hat for a few moments. Even though some of the disparaging remarks about your lifestyle pictures have been out of line, your general attitude on SF over the last year or so has been overly sensitive and at times, confrontational.

Going through older threads, I know this wasn't always the case. But based on some of your postings and started threads in recent memory, you seem unsatisfied with certain aspects of your life. In turn, you seem to project the angst caused by that on SF.

You're gonna do what you're gonna do, but maybe it's time to cowboy up and ask yourself what action you can take to change the things in your life that are causing this cynicism.

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Apparently in too much of a hurry, started leaving before camera went off. Or maybe this can re-start debate about posture. Click for full version. \t\t Alexander McQueen / Alexander McQueen / Alexander McQueen
you had some cool stuff going on for a while, now you just look like you hit up Winners a few too many times. Just because its a brand name like McQueen doesnt make it look good. This is the product of too much money and not enough sense. Also, were you not able to simply take another photo once you realized you pooched this one?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
^ I disagree. i really like the pants and while i wouldnt wear that shirt, it is still really nice. the pants are definitely the best part.

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
^ I disagree. i really like the pants and while i wouldnt wear that shirt, it is still really nice. the pants are definitely the best part.

The pants arent bad, the shirt is definitely what I was hating on though.

skunkworks

Reaction score
It's the hunched over shoulders that seem to bother people. It's not a big deal for me because I've liked your recent fits and I'm able to separate the clothes from your body language, but I can see why people don't like it. But it would be awesome to troll by continuing to post progressively worse pics over the next few months until you just start doing WAYWTs with you curled up in fetus position.

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
There are a lot of noobs who have never posted a fit talking trash lately, not just re: me. Not sure why.

I definitely posted two of them a few months ago, but no one noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads