• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Basically, you guys with broad shoulders don't realize you well you have it!

Unless, they are too broad and you find yourself saying, "Why doesn't X-designer make **** in a 54 or a 56?" or "52 = XL....******".

Schott
SNS
Epaulet
APC

MMM

Do you have another pair of MMM sneaks or are those looking sort of dirty?

I was third wheel at this sexy party. Bad bathroom pic incoming
1HfRsl.jpg
N.Hooly:CKC:CDGH+:R+B
edit - I know the jacket sleeves are too long. Working cuffs so I haven't gotten it tailored yet

Not a fan of the pocket square, but everything else looks top notch.

You need new sneakers KoY.

I disagree but going white sneaks with white pants can be a tricky proposition. I don't think it works well in this case.

****, that sounds terrifying. The first will likely occur but the second is damn near impossible, thankfully.

I guess this was not a great fit/pose if it made you think of that, though.

**** you and your "outstanding" genetics. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to count some carbs. ;)

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is because you size down in everything, whereas I have to size up to accommodate my chest.. aren't you wearing like an XS in uniqlo at 170 pounds?

Yea, no idea why I bought XS. In my defense, I bought those when I was like 160, and it still fits well except it's short in the arms/body. Prolly gonna rebuy a white a blue in S eventually, really like the quality to price ratio

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
Schott
SNS
Epaulet
APC
MMM
Do you have another pair of MMM sneaks or are those looking sort of dirty?

maybe a little dirty but mostly what I think you're seeing is the fact that they're the grey ones, not the white ones. I'll probably get some white ones whenever these wear out though; I've been really pleasantly surprised with how well these wear & feel for something I had expected to just be a "fashion" item.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Feet look huge, institches. Shirt is nice though. Oh, and you´d make a great captain haddock in a live action Tintin movie.

yerp. size 12US. :nodding:

thanks, and lol, ill contact my agent.

stitches coat looks big. overall, not bad. shoes look great.

coat is huge. got it almost 10 years ago when i knew nothing about proper fit. its really effing warm tho.

and thanks. :)

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
my problem with what in stitches is wearing is that he's wearing a big duffle coat over a gingham shirt. like. I feel before the duffel coat comes out you should at least be wearing some kind of sweater, right? and it's raining and you want to wear melton wool? doesn't really make any sense to me and it makes the oversized coat look that much worse in context, when I think it could look good.

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

my problem with what in stitches is wearing is that he's wearing a big duffle coat over a gingham shirt.  like.  I feel before the duffel coat comes out you should at least be wearing some kind of sweater, right? and it's raining and you want to wear melton wool? doesn't really make any sense to me and it makes the oversized coat look that much worse in context, when I think it could look good.

None of this makes any sense.

Melton wool is used heavily in pea coats, which are worn traditionally at sea by seamen (easy, colabear). There is nothing wrong with wearing a heavy wool coat in a cold storm. It keeps you warm, and the wool is thick enough to withstand a moderate downpour without becoming soaked. Think of where wool comes from... :teach: Would I wear one in constant, pouring rain for hours on end? No - and I don't think stitch is going to be getting rained on heavily in his store.

One does not have to put on a sweater in order to wear a coat. Both, at the same time, could be too warm. A sweater by itself could work, but not when the weather is bad. A warm, wool coat seems like a great idea instead.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my problem with what in stitches is wearing is that he's wearing a big duffle coat over a gingham shirt.  like.  I feel before the duffel coat comes out you should at least be wearing some kind of sweater, right? and it's raining and you want to wear melton wool? doesn't really make any sense to me and it makes the oversized coat look that much worse in context, when I think it could look good.

i think moo made some good points. crazy right? lol no hate moo.

i was considering wearing a brown v-neck merino wool sweater on top of the shirt, but in my store where i sit all day, i would be too warm. and taking on and off a sweater is not like a SC.

the coat actually does really well in up to moderate rain. iirc, when i bought the coat, i read on the BB website that the wool is woven in a crepe type form or something, and its meant to cause water to bead and wipe off, and it actually does just that. so outside of a downpour, its a great coat to wear in the rain when just going to and from your car, if its rainy and cold.

i guess i could have thrown on the sweater just for the pic, but that would be slightly disingenuous, and no one here would do that right? ;)

anyhow, i appreciate the feedback greatly, and outside of the functionality where we may disagree, the question is, what do you think about the fit style wise, with and without the duffel coat?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't see why stitches has to make a contribution in this thread to participate. It's not like only people that contribute participate and it's not like there was no circle jerkin before stitches.

Maybe teger is sad no one jerks his circle

/jerks in a circle

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
again, as kunk has pointed out, is that stitches almost passive agressive niceness and the fact that the replies to every post ever derails threads.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
oh I'm not claiming to know any historical context concerning whether what he's wearing is "right" or "wrong", I'm just saying it doesn't look good to wear a big duffel coat with just a cheerful green gingham shirt in my eyes. and I know you can wear them in the rain, i have in the past, but in my mind he just should've worn something else entirely if he wanted the warmth provided by a cotton shirt and heavy wool coat + rain protection. maybe i just have too many clothes and prefer layering, who knows.

I just used the context of functionality to explain why i thought it looked bad to someone who I assumed approached things in terms of functionality, more so than a lot of people here would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads