• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Govberg today to check out their sale. I was mostly interested in Nomos so that's all I really looked at, but if anyone is interested they have 30% off list for an Orion anthrazit #307, an Orion 38 datum weiß #381, a Zurich #801 and a Zurich datum (I think) #802. The Zurich 801 was quite nice, but I was hoping for a Zurich blaugold or a standard Orion 35 or 38 to try. Lots of stuff pretty heavily discounted though. I was really pressed for time, so I didn't really check out much else, but the Glashutte Original PanoReserves and PanoMatics looked pretty fantastic too, although out of my budget.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a wonderful thing when watch shopping causes one to learn something about himself.
+1

Yes its always great when you learn something about yourself from watch shopping, or when you learn something about yourself from another's watch shopping experience. For years I have generally favored the look of the Pepsi bezel insert on GMTs, however after looking at the 2 photos above I have new found appreciation for the Coke bezel. In the back of my mind I've toyed a bit with the idea of a Pepsi GMT of some sort, but if I do eventually add another GMT...I'll now be more open to the idea of a Coke GMT.
decisions.gif

Great write up and I hope you get many years of enjoyment from your Coke GMT.
cheers.gif

easy_golfing

Reaction score

Stopped by Govberg today to check out their sale. I was mostly interested in Nomos so that's all I really looked at, but if anyone is interested they have 30% off list for an Orion anthrazit #307, an Orion 38 datum weiß #381, a Zurich #801 and a Zurich datum (I think) #802. The Zurich 801 was quite nice, but I was hoping for a Zurich blaugold or a standard Orion 35 or 38 to try. Lots of stuff pretty heavily discounted though. I was really pressed for time, so I didn't really check out much else, but the Glashutte Original PanoReserves and PanoMatics looked pretty fantastic too, although out of my budget.

Was the manual wind Club on sale?

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(^ btw trickers?)

Yep! Horween cavalier from Richard (the Shoehealer).

Anybody else catch a Seiko diver back there?

Everybody needs one!

Agreed! It's such a low-stress watch to toss around on the beach.

In the back of my mind I've toyed a bit with the idea of a Pepsi GMT of some sort, but if I do eventually add another GMT...I'll now be more open to the idea of a Coke GMT.
decisions.gif

Great write up and I hope you get many years of enjoyment from your Coke GMT.
cheers.gif

Cheers!
cheers.gif
Glad to have opened your eyes what bit I did.
devil.gif

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Hayward will fight to the death for those GS's. When it comes to talking up the GS brand, he is very much in the "walk the walk" category. Respect.

I like the GMT and the Tuna most.

But I'd still choose the Sub, obvious or not. :)

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Indeed the GMT and Tuna are what I wear the most, then the Sub, then the Snowflake, the the 7c43. On certain occasions only the Speedy will do. The others are in the "for a change" category...

I need to get something with a blue face.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hayward will fight to the death for those GS's.

Oh, I know, I know.

I like them a lot, too, which is why I offered to look after them for him so that he didn't need to worry about adjusting them!

I didn't notice the Tuna at first, but now I see it up at the top.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
^^ Good call, depending on budget. Nautilus, too, if you're feeling flush.

My more modest suggestions would be the Omega Aqua Terra GMT (given your liking of large-ish sports watches), or the blue dial version of the Breguet Type XX Aeronavale. Because I want one so badly. Of course, there's always a DateJust...cf. Mr Cleav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads