• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
(@Sweden :They don't even give you the nuts.)

Hey TWAT buddies: advice, please? Best pen under $500, heavy, substantial, classic, prefer a medium rollerball. Not baller enough for you aficionados of course, but I'm sure you can point me to the Hamilton Jazzmaster, Tissot PRC 200 or Seiko Cocktail Time of the pen world...

Sorry for the digression. Later this week, I shall post interesting watch pictures to make up for it. Promise.

Last edited:

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Wore my beloved Celadon Imperial with Blanc de Chine dial, to dine at the three michelin-starred Sant Pau located in the picturesque seaside town of Sant Pol de Mar off the gorgeous Catalonian coast. Let's see if anyone can guess what this special off-menu course was...

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of RubberB's construction, but like aleksandr above I'm not a fan of the two-tone versions as you don't really see much of the color of the non-black shade anyway.

I use my RubberB's for summer, generally. Here are some shots from last summer.

DSSD on a Red Devil RubberB:

e0af865c0721e97eb57ec1a823b180a8.jpg

116610LV on a white RubberB:

c73d0ad35b8c92bbfd33d5c56b986b80.jpg

116610LV on that two tone RubberB with a green highlight:

7f472d631cacc74fd73082c77ae21a24.jpg

I also put my SubC 114060 on an Everest band with a clasp but it didn't work as well as the RubberB. The fit was off and my perception is that the quality of the RubberB trumped that of the Everest.

89c4d0f3623bb95d9b20f1fb98e0e737.jpg

Otherwise, aesthetics aside the RubberB option offers a nice change from the bracelet. Tough as nails and you won't think twice about bringing it into water, etc.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
You should sell that tacky 114060 to me. Not working for you at all.

Please give me pen advice while you think about it. :)

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I have looked at MB and Montegrappa, definite contenders. More so than their watches, for sure.

For MB rollerballs, which is the most solid and heavy of the Legend, Meisterstuck and Starliner?

Last edited:

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome pictures. Although, how many of those do you have, no frills?

Also random question - why does the Sea-Dweller not have a cyclops?

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
NEW WATCH ALERT

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have looked at MB and Montegrappa, definite contenders. More so than their watches, for sure.

For MB rollerballs, which is the most solid and heavy of the Legend, Meisterstuck and Starliner?

Meisterstuck, all day! (Because I have it)

Montegrappe are the nuts too, though I don't own one. Great for a splash of colour too though I see them more as a fountain pen :D

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Thanks (and I meant "LeGrand", not legend...phone thing).

Keith..wa-wat?!

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Yes! At last.

Spent a good piece of my Saturday out "tyre-kicking"....and ultimately brought one home.

Pics to follow....promise!

Or should I play the long tease? LOL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads