• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I'm very tempted but two (relatively) large watch purchases in the span of a few months might be dangerous for my health at home.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Solidarity.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

So here's a new addition to my collection. This was a tenth anniversary present from my wonderful wife - a 2005 (geddit?) Speedy. I'm enjoying it immensely, particularly the way the light catches the dome of the crystal, and being able to time random stuff.
Such a classic. Congratulations. Why I've still never bought one remains a mystery. I guess cause I'm waiting for a nice vintage one to just show up on my doorstep some day.
I've been away for a while but I'm back boys. Spent the last few months moving cross country for a job and selling off my Cartier Santos, Nomos Ludwig, Omega Seamaster Pro and my Frederique Constant to get...
SEL, lug holes, tritium. The exact one I wanted!
I like how you've consolidated there. Especially since it's precisely the watch of your desires.....must be gratifying!
Solidarity.
All for one, one for all :slayer: I'M GETTING THE FEVER LOL. Oh, and Dino....I'm also getting my popcorn ready for your new Rolex pics....

Dachshund

Reaction score
Thanks Keith. I'm enjoying it immensely and it keeps growing on me. I think it's because it looks like a real 'instrument', not 'just' a watch. And they are pretty common pre-owned and so a good price. I think one of the best value watches around.

+ 1 for Dino Rolex pics. Congrats on that.

Last edited:

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dino, congrats on the incoming GMT! Looking forward to seeing it.

OK — I'm definitely keeping the stickers on the purple one, right?

Q&D after another successful hunt:

Hey, I can quit whenever I want... :embar:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Hahahaha! If only there had been a grey dial up there...full set?

I have something of a quandary: I ordered something, they took ages to ship, decided to get something even better, cancelled the first order. The confirmed the cancellation...then discovered they'd already shipped without telling me, and sacked my card.

The original order was not sanctioned by my beloved. So, do I wring my hands in shame, and return the first one when it arrives? Or keep it and cancel the second, bigger purchase? Or...well...we know what "or" is, don't we?

I hate you people.

In another news, I have a new title.

Last edited:

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dino, congrats on the incoming GMT! Looking forward to seeing it.

OK — I'm definitely keeping the stickers on the purple one, right?

Q&D after another successful hunt:

Hey, I can quit whenever I want... :embar:

I saw the "red grape" OP at one of my local Rolex dealers and - despite it's slightly out of the box colour - think it looks great. Very striking, yet not overdone (partly due to the simplicity of the OP itself). Of the two, I actually prefer the red grape a little more than the white, so you know where my vote would go...

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hahahaha!  If only there had been a grey dial up there...full set?

I have something of a quandary: I ordered something, they took ages to ship, decided to get something even better, cancelled the first order.  The confirmed the cancellation...then discovered they'd already shipped without telling me, and sacked my card.

The original order was not sanctioned by my beloved.  So, do I wring my hands in shame, and return the first one when it arrives?  Or keep it and cancel the second, bigger purchase?  Or...well...we know what "or" is, don't we?

I hate you people.

OR is the only acceptable decision :slayer:

So, what are the two watches?

Last edited:

luvmalik

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I need help. Please tell me the best place or the best guy to buy a watch in Singapore. I am currently in Singapore and looking to buy one. Pls help

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Belli, keep the gold to sell the purple.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi everyone

I need help. Please tell me the best place or the best guy to buy a watch in Singapore. I am currently in Singapore and looking to buy one. Pls help

What do you want to buy? New or pre-owned? I know a couple of people..

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Belli, keep the gold to sell the purple.

I tried on the red grape a while back, and the white grape on Monday. Both looked a bit off to me. Much preferred it in blue or white. But of course moot point, 36mm looks tiny to me..

Side question - what wrist diameter do you guys have that you can wear 36mm watches?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Hahahaha!  If only there had been a grey dial up there...full set?

I have something of a quandary: I ordered something, they took ages to ship, decided to get something even better, cancelled the first order.  The confirmed the cancellation...then discovered they'd already shipped without telling me, and sacked my card.

The original order was not sanctioned by my beloved.  So, do I wring my hands in shame, and return the first one when it arrives?  Or keep it and cancel the second, bigger purchase?  Or...well...we know what "or" is, don't we?

I hate you people.

I think it depends on what you want more. I definitely don't think the answer here is "both" as it usually would be.

Were either sanctioned by your beloved? If not, keep what you want more and tell her the cost is the same as the smaller purchase regardless of what you keep. haha!

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I tried on the red grape a while back, and the white grape on Monday. Both looked a bit off to me. Much preferred it in blue or white. But of course moot point, 36mm looks tiny to me..

Side question - what wrist diameter do you guys have that you can wear 36mm watches?

It's more preference than wrist size for me. Anything over 42mm looks silly to me. I own watches from 35mm to 42mm and I prefer them in the 38 to 39mm range. My dad has very thick wrists and weasr a 38mm watch and it looks fine to my eyes. Of course that's because smaller cases are my aesthetic preference, perhaps because I grew up used to seeing smaller cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads