• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Open up my picture in a new window, and look at the lug above one o'clock. If you notice, near the strap, there is a nice little ding. That little bugger is a direct result of the spring bar tool slipping, and I have changed many-a-strap.

Frankly, I don't really trust shops either. At the end of the day, to be perfectly honest, it just adds a little bit of wabi sabi if you get a ding, scuff, etc. It is going to happen eventually, it is inevitable.

Good call on the textural difference. The MUT Moon is definitely a much... smoother watch.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree about the wabi sabi and the inevitablity of scratches, but if youve never changed a strap before you could really scratch it up badly. Also, steady hands are best.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy, the Pam 210 is a great choice, one of the few I would consider should I ever pick up another Pammy. I think the Radiomir lends itself perfectly to a base dial, but (without checking) they don't have something like this anymore, do they? (Actually, I think my perfect Panerai would be a reduced Radiomir (42mm), steel with solid caseback, brown base dial and a slightly curved crystal (plexi or sapphire).)

On straps for the MUT, I'll second both Dino (I don't like ostrich, exept maybe from the leg, which I don't believe looks as plagued?, and not a fan of light straps, but I had to get one to find that out), and Stitchy, with his dark brown gator suggestion. Something along the lines of Cleav's Radiomir strap (without the contrasting stitching), would be perfect, I think.

Maybe it is the white face of the Reverso?

Isn't the Reverso's dial silver as well?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An example of a smurf blue dial is the WG Submariner. See this in person then comparing it to even the 2-tone YG/SS Sub is a huge difference.

As for strap preferences. I have not ventured out on my Hamilton as I quite love the brown calf it is on. If I were to change I may go some sort of vintage leather because gator is a little too formal for the case.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earlier Dino asked for a lume shot of my Seiko, so here it is!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy, the Pam 210 is a great choice, one of the few I would consider should I ever pick up another Pammy. I think the Radiomir lends itself perfectly to a base dial, but (without checking) they don't have something like this anymore, do they? (Actually, I think my perfect Panerai would be a reduced Radiomir (42mm), steel with solid caseback, brown base dial and a slightly curved crystal (plexi or sapphire).)

i dont know what the current line up is, but you can always find a 210 around. i am a sucker for sapphire case-backs though, so id always prefer that route, and im glad the 112 and 210 both have that feature. not an amazing looking movement, but nice to look at.

This is one of the most gorgeous watch's I've ever seen

isnt it though!

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
both those JLCs on ostrich are great fellas! :nodding:

and Superfluous.. I second Stitchy... that Glashutte is indeed lovely.

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

On straps for the MUT, I'll second both Dino (I don't like ostrich, exept maybe from the leg, which I don't believe looks as plagued?, and not a fan of light straps, but I had to get one to find that out), and Stitchy, with his dark brown gator suggestion. Something along the lines of Cleav's Radiomir strap (without the contrasting stitching), would be perfect, I think.
Isn't the Reverso's dial silver as well?

i dont know what the current line up is, but you can always find a 210 around. i am a sucker for sapphire case-backs though, so id always prefer that route, and im glad the 112 and 210 both have that feature. not an amazing looking movement, but nice to look at.
isnt it though!

Current line up has two Rads, 337 and 439 both 42mm

The value though, for me, will be the 210 market.

Beauty

I love that Reverso

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 337 definitely comes close to what I have in mind, had it come with a base dial (no seconds). And, as blasphemous and un-historically correct as it may be, I would prefer an automatic movement.

Mostly I just find it strange that they don't offer a base Radiomir.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I absolutely love that strap! Black and brown are to normal, the blue pops!

Frills good choice mate! 
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Agreed, that is a great, great picture. And my favorite of Frilly's watches.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy and Cleav - the 210 is awesome. Used to be so desired but kind of got lost in the past few years with all the attention on the new models. But you can't beat that classic and I think people are realizing it now..

again, might make an exception for the 210 even though no date. But for me - the 190.. that is scrumptious

R

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
210 is where its at for me for the simplicity of it all. 2 hands, sandwich dial, sapphire case back, onion crown, classic design. thats what i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads