• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stitchy, it was pretty bad (at least based on my expectations). There were 2 customers (well 1 and a couple who were together) in the store and at least 2 staff members not doing much of anything. I wanted to check out the MUT and noticed they only had it in gold. I asked if they had a stainless available and the guy looks up and says "what you see is what we have". I asked about pricing and he says "I would have to look that up". I ask if he could do that and he says "we don't have it in store and I would have to order it from another store with a deposit". I was going to try on the gold one to get a better feel for how it looked on wrist, but I just left. The Rolex boutique a few feet away was still open and only had 1 customer inside and I thought about inquiring re: BLNRs, but I didn't bother and just called it a day.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd wrestle the Duchess for hers for a pic or two. What you learn through a lens eh?

Beautiful his and hers Rolex watches. Looks great!

Gonna add to the Rolex pile! Wearing 114270 today. To save money for future watch purchases I go to Chinatown for haircuts!

vaseva3e.jpg

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
That Canal Street "Bolex Explerar"
wink.gif
is looking good Frills!

Frilly's got fake watches like Upton's got fake....well....you know....
shog[1].gif
rotflmao.gif
Spot on Keith !!! Great statement! Our Frills would never wear fakes.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great JLC wrist shot...and are you having fun driving Mimo crazy with your jeans?

Stitchy, it was pretty bad (at least based on my expectations). There were 2 customers (well 1 and a couple who were together) in the store and at least 2 staff members not doing much of anything. I wanted to check out the MUT and noticed they only had it in gold. I asked if they had a stainless available and the guy looks up and says "what you see is what we have". I asked about pricing and he says "I would have to look that up". I ask if he could do that and he says "we don't have it in store and I would have to order it from another store with a deposit". I was going to try on the gold one to get a better feel for how it looked on wrist, but I just left. The Rolex boutique a few feet away was still open and only had 1 customer inside and I thought about inquiring re: BLNRs, but I didn't bother and just called it a day.
Always sad, to hear when people working on a shop can't be bothered to assist a customer. When I worked in retail years ago, I always enjoyed working with customers. Anyone too lazy to look up a price or to actually engage a customer is in the wrong business.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since this is turning into a photo sharing afternoon...here is my photo for today. My only blue dialed watch, but one of my favorites. It seemed appropriate to wear for finishing up a transaction on a new blue car.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Since this is turning into a photo sharing afternoon...here is my photo for today. My only blue dialed watch, but one of my favorites. It seemed appropriate to wear for finishing up a transaction on a new blue car.
I drooled over this on Instagram today. And here I am drooling over it again! Stunner. Enjoy that new Porsche, Dino!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Beautiful Dino! I know you and Frills are not doing it on purpose, but each and everyday I vacillate between the 15202 and the 5711 as my next watch. Today, you are winning. I am having a whole lot of fun showing off my jeans to Mimo :D. And congrats on the Porsche! What did you get? I think car pics are always welcome.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All you need now is some kind of nylon tracksuit top and you'll be completely anti-mimo.

But the watch is nice.

Awe, no love for the shell loafers?

And if it is any consolation, I do not own anything that even faintly resembles a nylon tracksuit top.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Shell loafers, if you think about it, are a rather odd concept. But I have love for them nonetheless.

And apart from your disgraceful overalls and socklessness, I'm still smarting at what you said about the Speedmaster Moonphase. I LOVE that watch. It's top of my Omega wish list :)

Dino, I love your watch even more- now you'd better show us the accessory car!

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drooled over this on Instagram today. And here I am drooling over it again! Stunner.

Enjoy that new Porsche, Dino!

Thanks, for the kind words about the AP and the Porsche...I can't wait for some nice spring weather to get so I can take some nice photos of my 2 blue babies together.
Beautiful Dino! I know you and Frills are not doing it on purpose, but each and everyday I vacillate between the 15202 and the 5711 as my next watch. Today, you are winning.

I am having a whole lot of fun showing off my jeans to Mimo
biggrin.gif

And congrats on the Porsche! What did you get?

I think car pics are always welcome.

Frills and I have a diabolical plan to post pix repeatedly of the 5711 and 15202 until you can't their their images out of your mind. Its called PP/AP syndrome...there is no cure. You will just have to give in and buy one!!!

Its a new 2014 Cayman S that Mrs. Dino and I ordered a few months ago.

I just love that shade of blue and how it changes color in different lighting conditions.
Since you asked here are a few pix from when it arrived at the dealer. Not all of the plastic was removed (bright blue stuff near inner part of door) and the wheel caps hadn't been installed yet. Its all being detailed and prepped to come home.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Post picture of baby on beach holding sand to signify WIN here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shell loafers, if you think about it, are a rather odd concept.  But I have love for them nonetheless.  

And apart from your disgraceful overalls and socklessness, I'm still smarting at what you said about the Speedmaster Moonphase.   I LOVE that watch.  It's top of my Omega wish list :)

You know, I saw this post years ago at Leffot, and it has stuck with me for quite sometime! I finally caved in when I went to New York. They are stupidly, unbelievably comfortable. This last weekend, I legitimately went hiking (in the Appalachian mountains... err foothills) with them. Sockless. No blisters.

http://leffot.com/tag/leffot-ivy-loafer-navy-shell-cordovan/

And I really do like the Speedmaster Moonphase aesthetically--it is a great watch. But I just have a general qualm with that combination of complications. In some regard or another, I like purposive timepieces. A timepiece that sticks to a theme, and embodies a certain ideal. That is one of the beautiful things about the Perpetual Calendar Chronograph--to me, it embodies a mastery of time. It calculates everything from seconds to years. It is poetic. The original Speedmaster has a similar purity, and at least in my case, I do not believe that the Moonphase makes it a more coherent watch. The moonphase is a beautiful complication--easily my favorite aesthetically. But I feel like it clashes with the general purpose of a sports watch.

Of course, this is just me being a nerd :).

Thanks, for the kind words about the AP and the Porsche...I can't wait for some nice spring weather to get so I can take some nice photos of my 2 blue babies together. 

Frills and I have a diabolical plan to post pix repeatedly of the 5711 and 15202 until you can't their their images out of your mind.  Its called PP/AP syndrome...there is no cure.  You will just have to give in and buy one!!!

Well, that diabolical plan is working perfectly. With what y'all are doing though, I will end up buying both :).

Also, that Cayman is awesome! I hope to transition straight from my 'Yota to Porsche, after a good amount of saving and prudence.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell loafers, if you think about it, are a rather odd concept. But I have love for them nonetheless.

And apart from your disgraceful overalls and socklessness, I'm still smarting at what you said about the Speedmaster Moonphase. I LOVE that watch. It's top of my Omega wish list :)

I must have missed this moonphase discussion. A Speedy with moonphase? Seems like it will be just as crowded as the OP who mentioned the Speedy day/date.

As for other posts in life, congrats to TC on the business opportunity and Dino on the new car. When I first saw the insta pic in its wrapping I thought you got a 918...

As for my personal outside of TWAT news February not only brings my marriage (2 weeks away!) but also a new house. Got word over lunch ours is as good as sold and our offer is waiting to be signed. New watch funds will be routed directly to new decorating funds and I doubt a JLC Atmos is in the cards for a mantle piece...

MatthewG18

Reaction score
Also we have some new people jumping into the TWAT discussion. There must be a lot of lurkers that read our daily musings.

lurker[1].gif
yeah thats kinda me in a nutshell, I'm trying to post more often but i don't have the copious amounts of knowledge in watches as the rest of you "regulars" have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads