• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_4694.jpg

You score that watch off Officer Alex J. Murphy?

Last edited by a moderator:

MuZI

Reaction score
Probably going to wear my Sinn 203... no wrist shot.. just an older picture I took...

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko 6138-8030 "Deep Blue" automatic chronograph

Vintage, 1977

Shell cordovan band

prayingrobot

Reaction score
Probably going to wear my Sinn 203... no wrist shot.. just an older picture I took...

Nice!! I have an Arktis. Not that I'm a cold water diver. But I did live in upper MI at the time.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage, 1977
Shell cordovan band
Very cool vintage Seiko chrono. I generally think of Seikos being digital quartz watches (like my Dad had) in the late 70s. So its interesting to see some of their other vintage offerings.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you drive a Scion or Evo? Just asking.

If you really want to belabor the point, check out any a/c cockpit and see what color the gauges are backlit.

In any case blue lume just tops off the horrible styling of today's Rolex. Almost every high end watch marque has been coming out with tribute styles, some better than others, and Rolex' response was to turn their entire line into a horror show. Everything has to be bigger and have more word salad on the dial. More power to you if you like that sort of thing. 

I don't care what any aircraft cockpit looks like. I just don't mind a nice blue lume :sarcasm:

And I drive a BMW.

bhall41

Reaction score

Not all of us "Rolex people" are bad.  I met a guy that is about 15 years younger than me who only wears IWCs and Omegas, and he was sleezy, dishonest, and obnoxious.  I don't blame the watches he is likes to wear, I blame his parents for not using protection that night.

:D

bhall41

Reaction score

Picked up another 1680 yesterday. Very happy with the state of this one.
7951742442_4c9f76c479_b.jpg

What a beauty - congrats :cheers:

MuZI

Reaction score
Vintage, 1977
Shell cordovan band

This is a fantastic watch!

It reminds me of 2 watches I love but don't own... yet...

Tag Heuer Monaco and the Tudor Heritage.

Nice!! I have an Arktis. Not that I'm a cold water diver. But I did live in upper MI at the time.

I regret not getting the Arktis. The blue dial is stunning and I have enough black dial watches as it is.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

following this thread has caused me to hate wearing my watch. :plain:
I am considering whoring myself out to older women to cover the expense of the watch I want, any client leads would be greatly appreciated. I will pay you a commission.

this doesnt pay as much as you hope. :(

Not all models are flamboyant.
:drool:

Picked up another 1680 yesterday. Very happy with the state of this one.
7951742442_4c9f76c479_b.jpg
that bezel looks incredible. perfect patina!
Wearing this to work today...
:slayer:

Chronographs are great for timing lap dances to ensure accuracy. :teach:

hmm. great idea.

My daughter took this picture of one of my wife's favorite watches as part of a photography class assignment:
great watch. I got one of those (sans diamonds) for a girl i was dating. she lost it.

fantastic pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads