• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cylon

Reaction score
frak i love that watch.

Quote:

Quote:
I want one. What is this?

Quote:
Beautiful watch.
fistbump.gif
I have become increasingly interested in this watch of late. Any more shots you could share with us?

Quote:

Thanks a lot for your kind words everybody. Best thing to wake up to :)

The official title is JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon 39. Still a bit hard to find at an AD (at least here in the US) I am sure you will get better luck in Singapore HK etc.

As oisin says I have a few pics in my gallery, but I will fiddle around with my camera this weekend. I'm not much of a photographer but I will do my best. Anything in particular you're looking for bhall41?

I've had it for 5 months now. It's a very elegant understated timepiece, but I'm sure the pics show that. Only 2 people have ever asked me about it. One, my cousin who is interested in watches; and two, a coworker who used to sit near me in our old building and saw watches on my screen all day--"oh is that what you finally decided on?" Otherwise it flies completely under the radar. if you want a watch that really stands out, then this is not the watch for you.

I was looking for just such a timeless/elegant piece to fit the bill as it was for my wedding (sorry for sounding like a broken record I think I've said most of this before), but I've also come to learn its "limitations". Not sporty and not really an every day watch (imo). Should be worn with a suit. Others say that your watch strap doesnt need to match your shoes, but it does bug me. So "brown" days, it sits in the drawer. In time, as my collection grows I'd like to reserve it for more special occasions. But at the same time, I've never regretted my decision to purchase it for the sake of another timepiece. Newcomer is fond of saying its the best moonphase in that price range. I certainly think so, but it really IS hard to beat its elegance from a $$$ standpoint. Sure PP, ALS have killer dress watches w complications, but they cost so much more--and thanks again Newcomer for your fine compliments (though he has threatened me w violence for it)
tounge.gif

bhall41, your new zenith would be a perfect partner to it!

the speedy pro on the bund strap above is also awesome!

Last edited:

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The official title is JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon 39. Still a bit hard to find at an AD (at least here in the US) I am sure you will get better luck in Singapore HK etc. 

As oisin says I have a few pics in my gallery, but I will fiddle around with my camera this weekend. I'm not much of a photographer but I will do my best. Anything in particular you're looking for bhall41?

I've had it for 5 months now. It's a very elegant understated timepiece, but I'm sure the pics show that. Only 2 people have ever asked me about it. One, my cousin who is interested in watches; and two, a coworker who used to sit near me in our old building and saw watches on my screen all day--"oh is that what you finally decided on?" Otherwise it flies completely under the radar. if you want a watch that really stands out, then this is not the watch for you.

I was looking for just such a timeless/elegant piece to fit the bill as it was for my wedding (sorry for sounding like a broken record I think I've said most of this before), but I've also come to learn its "limitations". Not sporty and not really an every day watch (imo). Should be worn with a suit. Others say that your watch strap doesnt need to match your shoes, but it does bug me. So "brown" days, it sits in the drawer. In time, as my collection grows I'd like to reserve it for more special occasions. But at the same time, I've never regretted my decision to purchase it for the sake of another timepiece. Newcomer is fond of saying its the best moonphase in that price range. I certainly think so, but it really IS hard to beat its elegance from a $$$ standpoint. Sure PP, ALS have killer dress watches w complications, but they cost so much more--and thanks again Newcomer for your fine compliments (though he has threatened me w violence for it)  :tounge:

Cylon - Did you find the Master Ultra Thin Moon at an AD in Tysons? I thought I was the only one who matched my watch band with my belt and shoes!! My office just went business casual so I'm trying to decide whether I want to buy a sportier watch or not? I still wear a sport coat sans tie when the temp is 60 degrees or below.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just saw this on tumblr. i had never seen one before.

tumblr_m1fde0f0Pj1r5idzzo1_500.jpg

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are companies out there that desecrate Rolexes. There was one that used to have a banner on WUS but I don't go there much anymore.

I think those are for people who want a Kobold... I'd say spend a lot less money on a DLCed watch if you are into that sort of thing.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw this on tumblr too.

tumblr_m1j1c5VfZL1qafrvlo1_500.png

bhall41

Reaction score

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks a lot for your kind words everybody. Best thing to wake up to :)

I was looking for just such a timeless/elegant piece to fit the bill as it was for my wedding (sorry for sounding like a broken record I think I've said most of this before), but I've also come to learn its "limitations". Not sporty and not really an every day watch (imo). Should be worn with a suit. Others say that your watch strap doesnt need to match your shoes, but it does bug me. So "brown" days, it sits in the drawer. In time, as my collection grows I'd like to reserve it for more special occasions. But at the same time, I've never regretted my decision to purchase it for the sake of another timepiece. Newcomer is fond of saying its the best moonphase in that price range. I certainly think so, but it really IS hard to beat its elegance from a $$$ standpoint. Sure PP, ALS have killer dress watches w complications, but they cost so much more--and thanks again Newcomer for your fine compliments (though he has threatened me w violence for it)  :tounge:

Yes I agree that my El Primero (when it eventually arives) would pair with the JLC MUT Moon very nicely! I note your experience of your JLC being very much a dress watch, to be worn with a suit. That might be relevant to my next purchasing decision, as I also have the GO Panomatic Lunar in my sights. I wonder whether the the GO is a little bit more versatile than the JLC? Anyhow, I am mainly thinking aloud at this stage - probably won't make a purchasing decision for at least another 12 monthths.

Do you have any more wrist shots of your JLC? How big is your wrist?

Also really loving the Tudor Black Bay. Might have to purchase one of those in the future. :)

Last edited:

bhall41

Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Newcomer is fond of saying its the best moonphase in that price range. I certainly think so, but it really IS hard to beat its elegance from a $$$ standpoint. Sure PP, ALS have killer dress watches w complications, but they cost so much more--and thanks again Newcomer for your fine compliments (though he has threatened me w violence for it)  :tounge:

First, I definitely do agree with your first statement, I do think it is the best moonphase in that price range--with the GO PML and the BP Villeret Moonphase rounding out my top three in the 10K range. And the threats of violence still stand :D

kwiteaboy

Reaction score

Nothing wrong with the Constellation, I have an Omega Deville at home that is very similar.

My first automatic watch was a C-shape Constellation. Pardon the disgusting photo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads