• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dachshund

Reaction score
Dude, I'm here with my in-laws so it's a case of cielo e inferno. I've just slipped out solo for an aperetivo and a read of the paper, so this is the cielo part.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
And I'm sitting at a desk avoiding more "TPS reports".

I think you're still winning.

Dachshund

Reaction score
Yep - right now i'll take the aperol spritz and the international ny times over the reports. Sadly that fate awaits me come Monday, back in the real world.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay gentlemen. I expected to post the final pictures this morning but was called away on other pressing matters. Without further wait: As BostonHerald surmised, I am very much a traditionalist in this sense and this is my favorite dress watch. Patek 5153 in white gold with a white dial. This particular model (in this configuration) was introduced last year.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
So awesome! If I ever get a dressier Patek I want that caseback.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Truthfully, with that kind of money in hand it wouldn't be for me. Just all sorts of reasons that matter not a jot to anyone else.

But despite that, the details of that watch are just stunning, aren't they? The precise detailing of the dial, the incredible case, the rotor, that stunning caseback, and my personal favourite element: the beautifully shaped crown. Such a small thing, literally, yet fundamental to your interaction with the watch. I bet that will be a joy to have between your finger and thumb!

Congratulations, Brax, it's a magnificent machine. :)

tigerpac

Reaction score
@brax

Congrats - that's a stunner. I really love that dial, its a classic look with a nice twist that makes it even more interesting.

Nice looking crown too.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Wear it in good health, brax.

It's every bit a classic dress watch.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brax - I like that hunter's case back. The curved shape of the case and the onion crown are lovely. Almost makes me wonder if the watch (with the onion crown) would have been better as a hand-wound? But I digress...It's a great watch!

Last edited:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning @brax . I can only imagine that your heart skipped a beat when the clasp first clicked shut around your wrist.

Amazing how keenly Patek can stay true to a classic aesthetic sensibility while producing something with a substantial degree of modern relevance.

May you and a long line of progeny wear it in good health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads