• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Had problems with the JLC Master Chrono so ended up returning it and getting the IWC Portuguese Chrono instead. Here is a wrist shot (although a low quality one)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ JLC Master chrono is one of my favorite chronos. What issue did you have with it??

Lowndes

Reaction score

^^ JLC Master chrono is one of my favorite chronos.  What issue did you have with it??

Yes, I liked it a lot as well. The watch started running really loud and was also getting condensation on the inside of the crystal. The AD said that sometimes JLC takes months to fix problems like these and couldn't give me a good estimate of when I would be getting the watch back. Obviously he could tell I was extremely disappointed that the first really nice watch I purchased was going to be sent away for an unknown amount of time and graciously allowed me to return it. I read online about others having similar service issues with this particular JLC so for my daily wearer wanted something a bit more reliable. I really love this IWC Port Chrono and just got over the fact that it didn't have as nice of a movement as the JLC. In the end I think that will make it more reliable, easier to service and better suit my needs for this particular watch anyhow.

I still plan to get a JLC but will probably go for a vintage Memovox.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Yes, I liked it a lot as well. The watch started running really loud and was also getting condensation on the inside of the crystal. The AD said that sometimes JLC takes months to fix problems like these and couldn't give me a good estimate of when I would be getting the watch back. Obviously he could tell I was extremely disappointed that the first really nice watch I purchased was going to be sent away for an unknown amount of time and graciously allowed me to return it. I read online about others having similar service issues with this particular JLC so for my daily wearer wanted something a bit more reliable. I really love this IWC Port Chrono and just got over the fact that it didn't have as nice of a movement as the JLC. In the end I think that will make it more reliable, easier to service and better suit my needs for this particular watch anyhow.

I still plan to get a JLC but will probably go for a vintage Memovox.
Wow. Sorry to hear that. That IWC is no slouch! Congrats!

pmeis

Reaction score
Couldn't get my mind off the preowned Grand Seiko GMT I saw last week and ended up pulling the trigger on Tuesday. Arrived this afternoon. I can't get over how impressive this is in person. It's just incredibly rich/vivid looking in person. Some quick and dirty iPhone pics below:
5D014044-137E-4505-8711-3436506E7CED_zpstn55iidd.jpg

It's almost 44mm, but the lugs are short and curved, so it hugs my wrist very nicely.
D08C27F0-89A4-4E21-BA52-1FA9B580FBE8_zpshdxtqk9q.jpg

And a quick 10 sec charge of the lume. Really love the sapphire bezel.
FF409EFC-76DD-478C-AF88-8AFB1DB2E1A9_zpsy6mbnjg1.jpg

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to list a Rolex Submariner (ceramic) for sale? I'm thinking Rolex forums and Timezone. Is there another place you guys recommend? Many thanks.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Any suggestions on where to list a Rolex Submariner (ceramic) for sale? I'm thinking Rolex forums and Timezone. Is there another place you guys recommend? Many thanks.

Those are the two best places I can think of. FYI it might be a little tough if you don't have a reputation, there.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are the two best places I can think of. FYI it might be a little tough if you don't have a reputation, there.

Thanks a lot, I don't have a reputation on either but if those are the top sites I'll give it a shot along with local buy and sells like kijiji etc.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watchuseek maybe.

Lowndes

Reaction score

I like the Portuguese Chrono!

Thanks, I'm loving it. Even just driving around today I kept admiring how nice it looks especially when light hits it just right and the hands are that nice shade of blue.

I'd suggest Watchuseek. Rolexs seem to move pretty quick there from what I can tell.

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I recommended those forums to a friend who had a few watches to unload and he was virtually ignored (save for the lowballers), him being a brand new member offering some rather expensive pieces. But eventually he sold them to a collector in his area who'd seen them posted there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads