• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With some of my watches I switch to the bracelet in the warmer months. Straps don't age well when constantly soaked with perspiration.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
currently own a speedmaster. should i get the IWC portguese chronograph or Rolex Submariner next?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
currently own a speedmaster. should i get the IWC portguese chronograph or Rolex Submariner next?

Since you already have a chrono, I would say the Sub. But I have a soft spot from the Portuguese Chrono. I hate the way the numbers are cut off but it I adore the dial. It is clean for a Chrono and the white dial with blued numerals and hands looks fantastic. I see they offer a blue dial with silver indices but I have not seen it in person.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one today.

yba8upyg.jpg

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny, I am the other way with Omegas. Have considered the Speedy, SMP Bond and Aqua Terra and just can't quite pull the trigger. I swear those watches are always in the running when buying but just never makes it over the hump. Maybe one day...

Only have the speedmaster at the moment

Tough choice. I want to say Sub because it is just that quintessential Rolex but then again you already have a sport watch in the Speedy and between the Sub and Explorer, the Explorer is more versatile and can work as a dress watch as well. I think it would be best to try both on and just see which works for you and your intended purpose. They wear differently from each other, the Subs wears much bigger and bulkier.

Best of luck!

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You've been debating a Sub purchase for quite awhile now haven't you, Ari. That would be my personal choice, but either way, you're on a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members