• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Thanks mate. Appreciate the valuable input.

Exp I for the win!

ebu7ytyb.jpg

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the Grande Reverso Ultra Thin.

shouldn't every watch nerd like me own a Reverso at some point?
Yes.

Some lovely pieces there but there's nothing like a Reverso.

Yes. It is beautiful but apart from the gold it is the same as the SS version of the GRUT at less than half the price.

I would buy the Jules Audemars Extra Thin and not wear it to the office. It does not look like an office watch to me.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An ALS for under $10K?!? Doesn't come with B&P and his mention of "could use a refinish" leads me to question his care of the watch. It is a beauty though.

As for other orders of business....The Explorer is my choice and is the Reverso.

Also, since when is the YM douchy to wear? It is loud but aren't the douches buying Hublot's at that price point?

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Also, I appreciate everyone's input on the dress watches I "featured" yesterday....you've given me lots to consider.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Keith T : So I thought about getting your boss fired... And this might work:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Or you could take Culver's advice and not wear the JA to work.

Last edited:

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Affirmative, TC.

Maybe you won't have to drive to San Antonio for your next one :)

Well, that was a one time thing just to meet my gray dealer in person. But being a bit of an impulse buyer, this will create plenty of temptation.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
LOL Wes Bourne.

I don't think I could pull off that little stunt. Classic!

And of course, whatever I eventually decide, I will want to be able to wear this watch to the office. (Without any blood all over it :satisfied: )

Getting the Jules Audemars in white gold-- this could wind up being a great recommendation-- but I haven't seen that version in the metal.

At least not yet. (Of course, tyre-kicking is half the fun).

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
See the Altiplano, also looks good in white gold.

This one is large (43mm) and thin, but weirdly engaging nevertheless. The smaller 40mm with small seconds top left, or simple two hand 38mm, might suit you better, but either way they're worth a look. For perspective, my wrist is a touch over 7". The other thing is that Piaget seems to be easy to find well below MRSP, so good for your budget.

@TheWraith I vote Explorer too, for two reasons: firstly, I think the bracelet is nicer, and secondly, I think the AT is only beautiful in blue. Oh, and thirdly, Frilly has an Explorer, which makes it more cool for superheroes in general.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Repost of a pile of Roli.
From before I got my GMT IIC.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
So, I was out buying my wife a birthday present and put an SD4000 on my wrist again. ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads