• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

suaviter

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all the TWAT family. I enjoy this thread a ton and have come to learn so much from all the participants.

A couple wrist shots yesterday and today

Rolex, Mazzarelli, Loro Piana
aqype9u5.jpg

PAM, Jcrew, Gustin, AE
a4edupa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays for those who don't celebrate Christmas) my TWAT brothers (and lurker sisters)!
Frills, best wishes to you and yours too. BTW thanks for the present! ^^^^^

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to my Christian TWAT-buddies!

Just another day at the office for me tomorrow, but my vicarious sense is nonetheless excited for you all. I can't help wondering what a guy like Frilly might have under the tree...
smile.gif

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all the TWAT family. I enjoy this thread a ton and have come to learn so much from all the participants.

A couple wrist shots yesterday and today

Rolex, Mazzarelli, Loro Piana
aqype9u5.jpg

PAM, Jcrew, Gustin, AE
a4edupa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suav, nice work.

Compliments of the season to you

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually it should be HR (Hadley Roma) Alligator. The Sharknado store is out of HD Alligators. I'll post pics when the strap arrives.

I was trying to figure out what HD meant. Anyway, I can't wait to see what the strap looks like.

NonServiam

Reaction score
Merry Christmas, people! Picture taken just before leaving for church. I am a sentimental soul, and for Christmas Evening nothing but my late father's Certina will do. No Patek, no Jaeger, no Rolex. Certina it is.

IMG_20131224_154155_zps18e143f2.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
suaviter and NS, good wrist action.

---

i kinda want this bad. am i crazy?

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, people! Picture taken just before leaving for church. I am a sentimental soul, and for Christmas Evening nothing but my late father's Certina will do. No Patek, no Jaeger, no Rolex. Certina it is.

IMG_20131224_154155_zps18e143f2.jpg

Beautiful watch.

Happy Christmas, Everyone.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I looked it up, and I believe the chairman of Hublot watches also makes cheese as an aside.

Apparently it's not sold and he only gives it away as gifts.. Came through my twitter feed - apparently gifted to former Tour de France Champion Cadel Evans.

Sweet cheezus, this all makes sense, free cheese with your cheesy watches!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Congrats!  Its probably one of the easiest to use world time watches and its a great movement.  Its movement is the basis of the VC Overseas Dual Time and AP RO Dual Time.  Great find, I greatly prefer the original design over revised version.  Congrats again and acquiring a really great watch!

It really is, and one of the reasons why I wanted this particular model. Travel schedule makes the dual time a highly useful complication, but I have zero patience for things that are difficult to learn and/or use.

I actually really wanted the revised version - if I preferred the original I could have saved a pretty penny!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Arguably, yes. For wanting this, no.  It's beautiful.

Good answer.

I wasn't able to find the original MSRP, but Tiff watches take a hard hit on the secondary market ime. We bought this for a song.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays for those who don't celebrate Christmas) my TWAT brothers (and lurker sisters)!

As always I knew we could count on you for a lovely holiday photo.

Merry Christmas to Frills and all of our Christian TWAT Bros.

---

i kinda want this bad. am i crazy?

Stitchy, if you frequent this thread you are crazy regardless which watches grab your attention
wink.gif

It really is, and one of the reasons why I wanted this particular model. Travel schedule makes the dual time a highly useful complication, but I have zero patience for things that are difficult to learn and/or use.

I actually really wanted the revised version - if I preferred the original I could have saved a pretty penny!
Oh...my bad, I didn't look closely enough. I like yours and I like the original. The one I didn't care for is this one http://cdn.watchuwant.com/sites/def...hic-refq1528420-ss-silver-dial-21976_7193.jpg

You made a great choice, really functional, easy to use and beautiful.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
So Ben (~B~) was nice enough to ship my watches early to me in hopes of having them for the TWAT meet up in NYC. I told him I would post some pictures here for everyone, and I know he'd love to hear feedback (both positive and negative) from the members here. Sorry for the poor quality, I didn't have time to set up lighting or do much editing as I was running late for my own birthday party. I put all but one picture in spoilers so as to not bore those who aren't interested. I loaded them as small pictures, so please click to enlarge.

I hope everyone has a great holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads