• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

^Love that IWC.

You know, I have to say, the more I look at that IWC, the more I dislike it. For me it strays a little too far outside of the Portuguese aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful watch, but it is looking less and less like a deck watch.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newcomer - is that your Galapagos? I had one for about a year and it loved it. Never had a problem with the rubber. Curious as to what happened to it.. It's not a 10K watch by the by..
In a similar vein, check this out:
I mean this is a $10,000 watch. And it is literally coming apart. How is that really acceptable ethically from the perspective of the watch company? So I guess I do not really 'get' the "deserving it" argument.
I would kill for the IWC 3786:
I would kill for a ceramic IWC 3705.
A nice price. Looks solid. Aesthetically not a fan of this style at all, but to each his own. If this is what impresses you, then I can see why PAMs hold no place in your heart, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Call me boring, but this impresses me. It's the sort of watch I'd take over others if forced to own only one. I'd prefer a Thunderbird but this is close enough. An understated purposeful look that fits with any occasion and highly useful. A countdown bezel would be even more useful.
Stitch - I love this new Port! I only wish they kept the hour and minute hands in the heated blue steel. HEATED BLUE STEEL??! not again. In the meantime I'll make do with the OG:
these are fantastic.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably the most affordable way to get an original watch with a Lemania chrono would be the Tutima Bund Watches, Sinn 142, Omega Speedy Marks, and the Fortis Cosmonaut. I'm personally fascinated by center minute chronos and have been watching these. Probably shouldn't have even posted this.

In other news, I have a Speedy Pro coming, should arrive tomorrow.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Newcomer - is that your Galapagos? I had one for about a year and it loved it. Never had a problem with the rubber. Curious as to what happened to it.. It's not a 10K watch by the by..

Negative ghostrider. Some guy on WUS posted about it (http://forums.watchuseek.com/f350/iwc-galapagos-aquatimer-poorly-constructed-543168.html). Supposedly this has happened to several people. And my bad on the price, for some reason or another I thought it was a bit more pricey!

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat off-topic to help recover from that smashed piece that Belligero just posted. Here's "Arnold Schwarzenegger driving" - haha:

P.S. I believe he is wearing a Rolex. So this is not completely off-topic for TWAT.

P.P.S. This is completely off-topic, but...Happy 21st birthday today to Kate Upton! I love how blue her eyes are in this picture.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think belligero is trying to say we need more Kate Upton. Yeah, the eyes are really the first thing that draw me in...

Amazing that she is three years my junior, and way more woman than I could handle.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On auction with an estimate of around $2K...

Never been a fan of the Rolex day/date, but I think this is great (it even has the day in my mother tongue) so I placed a low'ish bit for it.

Didn't get it though; it sold for $3K.

kungapa

Reaction score

Ok guys, I need some help identifying my uncles watch! He's visiting from Italy and I don't know how to ask without sounding like a plebe lmao!

I can make out three names in an arc under the 12. its got a moon phase at the 6 and a date indicator under the 12

White dial. Gold case. Blue hands.
Ill try and snap some shots when I see him tomorrow :eek:

Really curious about this - did you get some pictures yet?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anything beautiful can be broken if you're a dumbass..

Difference is this. You wrap any car around a pole, from a Ford to a Ferrari, and that will be the result. You drop any watch, they don't all shatter like a china plate. Just the ceramic ones. I'm pretty careful with my watches - but I can't say I've never dropped one. And most of the watches with ceramic cases tend to be "sports" watches - theoretically more exposed to the risk of impact than, say a delicate dress watch. Ceramic has its advantages to be sure. But it also has some not insignificant disadvantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads