• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure this is the direction you wanted to go, but I’ve really enjoyed my Baltic chronograph.

View attachment 1162280
Not really, but I'm generally open, and everything looks different IRL. I if I was going to get 2 subdials, I'd probably pick up a Wittnauer.

Um, what is the movement in that? Is it something really easy to find/repair/replace?

Link?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, the main event will be a squabble fought over 12 rounds of bickering with the winner to be decided by knockout. Wearing the rossa corsa trunks and fighting out of New England, with a professional record of 16 Rolices, one APRO and many many others that he just doesn't talk about very much, the TWAT hall of famer, the possibly-not Italian Stallion, the Prodigy from Providence... DIIIIIIIIIINNNOOOOOOOOOO! And his opponent in the other corner, officially weighing in at 87 and three-quarter pounds, sporting turquoise batik trunks with pink trim, Kiton belt and real gator leather shoes, with a professional record of 80 watches, including many by independents, and 4,325 straps in rotation, the Beast from the East, the Diva from Indonesia, RIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVAAAAAA!

And now for the several in attendance on TWAT and everyone else who gives zero *****, LETS GET READY TO GRRRRRRRRRRUMBLE!

Probably shoulda made this joke a couple dozen posts ago...

You win SF for the day, sir.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As for my loving to tell everyone about my expensive watches and cars... Are we not supposed to discuss our ownership experiences of those watches in this thread?

I've discussed my cars in the car forum, where other people are posting about purchasing Porsche 991GT3s and McLarens etc. So it isn't as though my posts are a big deal there. Am I only supposed to discuss my work car on that thread...a nearly 10 year old Subaru? Of which I have discussed there, several times. Its probably one of the higher mileage vehicles on the forum, now having 225,000 miles.

As for the origin of the screen name, Dino944 it existed long before this forum existed, and was assigned to me for a school email. I've kept it and used it for other things, since friends of mine knew it from school.

So if I post about things I have ownership experience with- I'm labeled as "Big upping myself" by Skeen, but I'm criticized by you if I don't post other items I own. Sounds like I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't...so why bother.

[/QUOTE]

Yes you are supposed to, and yes you do enjoy it or you wouldn't do it

Not really sure why you spend so much energy worrying about what other people think, or whinging about what other people do ?
It's strangely insecure behaviour for a wealthy and older (?) man

Anyway I enjoy your and Rivas posts and I love to see Baller's showboat , for a number of reasons

In Riva's case , so that I can cringe at his poor taste and crass Asian /nouveau riche materialism

In your case, so that I can vicariously live an old money ivy fantasy (which may or may not be an accurate perception - don't spoil it for me)

Please both of you: keep posting !

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Eisenhammer

Reaction score
Nothing but the essentials.

GMT.jpg

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I was wondering where they were getting a hand wound column wheel chronograph movement at that price: coincidentally I'd just been eyeing a used one the other day.

I confess that Sea-Gull does not fill me with great confidence, but my prejudice might be misplaced. Has anyone actually had a Sea-Gull chrono? And do Baltic make any movement modifications?

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
*slow clap for an draoi*

I totally read that as if it were being delivered in Michael Buffer’s voice :rotflmao:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not really sure why you spend so much energy worrying about what other people think, or whinging about what other people do ?

Anyway I enjoy your and Rivas posts and I love to see Baller's showboat , for a number of reasons

In Riva's case , so that I can cringe at his poor taste and crass Asian /nouveau riche materialism

In your case, so that I can vicariously live an old money ivy fantasy (which may or may not be an accurate perception - don't spoil it for me)

Thanks for the motivation! I strive to entertain and educate ;)

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm more than certain that he's not worried about what other people think when he reads a post as laughable as your initial offering on the subject. Correcting an uninformed and false characterization of one's self doesn't equate to worrying about what other people think.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more than certain that he's not worried about what other people think when he reads a post as laughable as your initial offering on the subject. Correcting an uninformed and false characterization of one's self doesn't equate to worrying about what other people think.

Clearly bothered enough by an Italian croc belt while using an Italian car ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads