• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alpyigit

Reaction score
the very controversial 5960 1A is my newest addition..

fullsizeoutput_fde.jpeg

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers. That's for sure.

alpyigit

Reaction score
Thanks. I always liked the 5960 and it is almost impossible to get a 5980. Hence I went for the steel version..

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Patek.

I love Patek watches but I have the same problem with them as Rolex. The AD's act like they're doing me a huge favor by allowing me the privilege of purchasing a PP (or Rolex). Huge turnoff for me to the brand which stops me from buying.

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda 1950 featured on Hodinkee (though I wish it were a mm or so smaller). Hmm, my collection is missing an independent and a black-tie watch . . .

Parmigiani is my favorite brand, so I'm going to be naturally biased. This is the best way I can describe the 1950. It comes from the store manager of the store in the Miami Design District.

Parmigiani had an event in the store with Michel Parmigiani to introduce the new Toric. The watchmaker from Vacheron Constantin asked if he could join as he wanted to meet Michel. He looked at the steel 1950, loved it, and bought it. That's a pretty ringing endorsement as far as I'm concerned.

conqueror

Reaction score
i finally tried on a submariner at a rolex store in hong kong. it was really incredible, maybe one day i'll finally make the plunge.

in semi-related news, i've worn a skx007 for almost 8 years and somehow mysteriously gouged the hardlex crystal earlier this morning. it's strange as i've felt some form of feedback when i've knocked the case or bracelet previously, but didn't notice anything until i checked the time and saw a nasty scratch from 4 to 7 o'clock. anyway, it's driving me nuts, and i can't imagine what my mental health would be like if i did it to a rolex haha.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parmigiani is my favorite brand, so I'm going to be naturally biased. This is the best way I can describe the 1950. It comes from the store manager of the store in the Miami Design District.

On a side note, the Design District is my favorite place to browse watches. Incredible concentration of high-end boutiques within a few city blocks without the attitude you often encounter at such establishments. I think the stores know that in Miami, the guy who comes in wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops could drop six figures on a watch.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Le Galleries has quite a few luxury brands like Rolex, Omega, Breitling but not the super high end. All the floors have the same stuff but it's worth a look to just browse around.

Patek has a salon in Paris.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on an Omega Speedmaster FOIS BNIB from a grey dealer with the warranty card stamped from an AD September 2017. I should be getting it Friday. I'm leaning towards buying a bracelet over keeping it on a strap but I'll see when I get it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads