• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_9567.JPG
View attachment 807848 The 5711 is worth the wait though. ;)
It certainly is worth the wait close to 3 years for me.

firenze_rob

Reaction score
Well, depends on the watch. Usually the openings for bracelets are smaller, so a plier type tool could be more appropriate. For leather straps you could use a spring bar tool.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anybody in here like the 'day' complication on any rolex? i've never seen one that looked good and the last thing in the world that i need is a watch to tell me the day of the week. maybe i'm missing something tho.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
the 'day' complication

I don't especially like the date function on a watch either, but it's all a matter of personal preference. The thing about the day on a Rolex is that it only appears on precious metal models, so I think that puts it in rather a small niche anyway: a gold Rolex is a lot of cheddar with so many horological wonders out there in the same price range, so that's probably a bigger reason not to buy one should I ever be shopping in that bracket.

Wearing ole faithful today:
Enduring rightness.

Very happy with it.

That's a great looking watch. I also have a lust for blue things, but I think you're probably right. It's large for a dress watch and having the classic colours with the classis style make it add up to something that's just right in subtlety. I'm a big fan of the Senators - the Sixties like yours, the Seventies, and the Senator Perpetual too. I've never seen one come up at quite a bargain enough price but hopefully it will happen some day.

Anyway, well kopped sir, and it will sing with that new brown tweed suit I saw you modelling. Pretty great with that PoW too!

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the date function as long as it's legible and doesn't look like it's tacked on just for the sake of it. Lange does a really good job with that, both because of their large, two-wheel date mechanism, and the way they harmoniously position the date window, like in the Lange 1.

Compare that to the Patek 5396, where the date window breaks up the subdial, and looks like it doesn't belong. And compare THAT to the Patek 5125, with is similar in appearance but has the date window below the subdial, and as a consequence looks much better.

Day and month I find are a lot less useful, and a lot harder to integrate. I think their appeal lies more in appreciation of the technical achievement of a calendar complication. I know the three subdial layout is a classic, but I prefer the look of a calendar watch with aperture windows. That's one thing I like about the 5396. The Patek 3448 is probably the layout I find the most appealing: day and month in aperture windows up top, and the date shown in a subdial. It's pretty much the perfect perpetual calendar, and it's too bad Patek had to mess with a good thing.

109-025-a5.jpg

patek_image.1595931.jpg

3777694_2_l.jpg

111.jpg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody in here like the 'day' complication on any rolex? i've never seen one that looked good and the last thing in the world that i need is a watch to tell me the day of the week. maybe i'm missing something tho.

I don't mind it having the day, but I don't need it, and the Day-Date has never been a model I dreamed of owning. If you need someone to explain what you might be missing regarding a certain model of watch, it's a sign it's not the right one for you. Cheers!

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the older day-dates to a degree. If I were to get one though it would only be one with the German day wheel. Was considering one a while ago and then it sold.

Wearing ole faithful today:

You absolutely should not trade that in for the new Bond watch.

I've had my eye on one of these for a while. Was tempted originally by the blue dial, but decided white was safer and then this one (pre-owned but barely worn) became available at a good price. Very happy with it

Congratulations. I think the white dial with the gold hands and hour markers really gives it that 60s look more than the other versions.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind it having the day, but I don't need it, and the Day-Date has never been a model I dreamed of owning. If you need someone to explain what you might be missing regarding a certain model of watch, it's a sign it's not the right one for you. Cheers!

i'd counter that taste evolves. hopefully anyways. there are styles of [pick-your-object] that when i was younger i would've spit on but after spending some time around i've come to grasp more fully, appreciate, and even like.

i'm soliciting flavor here, not a transaction. if you don't have anything to add that's cool with me.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll go against the grain re: the date function. Although completely out of my price range, I love the look of the new DayDate 40mm, especially in yellow gold with gray dial, or better yet, rose gold with green dial (maybe a bit inconspicuous, I'll admit). Surely, it must project an image not everyone might be fond of, but hey! YOLO?

@BostonHedonist love your JLC! Especially with the new strap!

Wealthpin

Reaction score
lol, has anyone else seen the guy selling a solid gold Royal Oak Offshore on Grailed for $15k below market value?

SUPER sketchy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads