• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend the AP RO. With a discount you can get them for under $14k.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is constantly shaking a watch going to damage the movement? I recently purchased an ETA Movement Tudor Black Bay.

I'm very much of the opinion that this a tool watch, that is meant to be worn and not babied. My only issue is that I am a bartender, and for a good 7-8 hours a night I am shaking cocktails. Is constantly shaking the watch going to be bad for it, or am I worrying for no reason?

mkm88414

Reaction score
My father passed this year and left me this oyster date just. Can any of you help me with the approximate year? I want to say earlier half of the 80s but I don't really know.

IMG_0668.JPG

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good post.

I think JLC is struggling with design at present. Recent offerings seem to lack a distinctive house style and, instead, seem to contain a jumble of unrelated themes. The sector dial chrono is a great example of this. The idea is redolent of classic art deco and the nascent social and industrial modernity of the 1920s and 1930s. How can it make sense to put a serif font (least of all a computer font like TNR) on this? And why, when JLC is capable of making some of the thinnest movements in the business, is it not thin and elegant to match the idea?

Recent Reverso offerings have also failed to cohere: giant pieces with plain dials; and smaller pieces with extremely fussy dials. JLC should settle on a house style - for each line if not across the board - and keep their designs simple and focused on it. I believe they are at their best when they focus on art deco elegance. Until they sort this out, I'm sticking to the back catalogue...

what's wrong with the recent reverso I though day night was rather good looking. Or are you referring to the moonphase reverso?

atia2

Reaction score
what's wrong with the recent reverso I though day night was rather good looking. Or are you referring to the moonphase reverso?

Yes, I also like the Day Night. I was thinking more of the recent classic Reversos, especially those with the small seconds such as the automotique. On paper they look fine but, when I tried them on, I found the various guilloché and sunburst dial textures rather... "prissy".

I don't think they sit well with the recent flagship GUT and other tribute Reversos. I know these are explicitly celebrations of early designs, so I suppose one can forgive a lack of congruence with current models. The problem is that these early designs expose the loss of simplicity and elegance in the modern dials. Sometimes less is more, especially with art deco.

But YMMV. These are more "in the flesh" impressions which I don't think I would have formed looking at pictures. It could be that I don't really like fancy dial textures!

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JLC - the problem is they have too many different watches in their catalogue. I think they should really focus on their core collection and keep the variations on each individual models to absolute minimum. It's like Rolex, don't give buyers a choice, tell them what they need. As much as I love many of JLC pieces, I get confused of their lines. Not to mention for this very reason they depreciation significantly on secondary market.

Talking about AP RO, I will try to see the blue one in metal. Is 37mm a no go? They advertise this as a females model.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My father passed this year and left me this oyster date just. Can any of you help me with the approximate year? I want to say earlier half of the 80s but I don't really know.

View attachment 806453

Sorry to hear about your father.

Are you able to remove the bracelet to get the serial number? Or do you have the papers? You can look up the serial number online to get an approximate date

:fistbump:

roomiller

Reaction score
Is constantly shaking a watch going to damage the movement? I recently purchased an ETA Movement Tudor Black Bay.

I'm very much of the opinion that this a tool watch, that is meant to be worn and not babied. My only issue is that I am a bartender, and for a good 7-8 hours a night I am shaking cocktails. Is constantly shaking the watch going to be bad for it, or am I worrying for no reason?

IMG_2772.JPG

I think you'll be alright:bounce2: :cheers:

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So all my buddies and I agree that the economic **** is setting a fanward trajectory and are selling our companies while lending is strong and appetites are revenous. Long story short, my buddy owes me a finder's fee and said I could pick any watch within reason. RG Yachtmaster? WG Oysterflex Daytona? What to choose ...

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So all my buddies and I agree that the economic **** is setting a fanward trajectory and are selling our companies while lending is strong and appetites are revenous. Long story short, my buddy owes me a finder's fee and said I could pick any watch within reason. RG Yachtmaster? WG Oysterflex Daytona? What to choose ...
sold gold sub with blue dial

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
APRO 15202 jumbo extra thin

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually have a rule against buying white precious metals since it basically looks like steel. With that being said, the WG Oysterflex Daytona is spectacular. On the other hand, I would still take a Nautilus with the blue dial over the options you listed. Congrats on earning the finders fee, looking forward to hearing what you end up with. Have fun!

benf

Reaction score

For a sports watch, nautilus 5711/5712 blue dial.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads