• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just be patient; I think there will be an inversion of that trend before too long. 116520 prices have already climbed a lot since Rolex stopped making any more of them.

Exactly. I can remember the same thing happening when the 116520 replaced the 16520. Tons of people sold or traded their 16520 in order to get a 116520, and then eventually the values of the 16520 went up drastically.

View attachment 796292

I passed on this bad boy today. It was stunning in real life and really sung to me. Sort of sad now.

Beautiful watch. I tried one on several years ago. I do think the tough thing about that watch, is whether one feels its a good fit as its rather small by today's standards and I have a small wrist and I'm not someone who wears ultra large watches. Still it is a beauty!

Wealthpin

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on my first Swiss watch. :eek2:

Biggest "non-essential" purchase I've ever made - but I've been budgeting for it, and an unexpected investment windfall certainly doesn't hurt (thank you based Vitalik Buterin)

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Biggest "non-essential" purchase I've ever made - but I've been budgeting for it, and an unexpected investment windfall certainly doesn't hurt (thank you based Vitalik Buterin)

Congrats! Deets, please! Or are you going to be mean and make us wait till it arrives?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Congrats! Any hints you can give us? :lurk:

wristandfeet

Reaction score
JLC master ultra thin Perpetual, with textured white dial
IMG_1138.JPG

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JLC master ultra thin Perpetual, with textured white dial
View attachment 797239
Fantastic choice. You'll have a tough time beating that. Love JLC.

Anyone know the best places in London to look for preowned/discontinued JLCs, specifically reversos? My fiancée (still weird to say or type) wants to get me a watch for our wedding, and said if the reverso duo I want is available in London she'd get it for me.

It's reference Q2712410, with the circular seconds subdial on the white face
Tell her she could poke around the shops at Hatton Garden and a few at the Burlington Arcade. Though I've never seen a pre-owned Q2712410 in a shop. Might be worthwhile to put in a call to Watches of Mayfair and see if they can source one.

Exactly. I can remember the same thing happening when the 116520 replaced the 16520. Tons of people sold or traded their 16520 in order to get a 116520, and then eventually the values of the 16520 went up drastically.

I think the same is starting to happen to the 16710 in the wake of the BLNR craze. Got mine for under $4500 and see them listed now as high as $7k+

When rolex brings about a significant change in a popular model, it definitely presents a good opportunity to "buy the dip."

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the same is starting to happen to the 16710 in the wake of the BLNR craze. Got mine for under $4500 and see them listed now as high as $7k+

When rolex brings about a significant change in a popular model, it definitely presents a good opportunity to "buy the dip."

Except with each passing year there is less dip due to the incredible amount of new resellers/new blood with money to burn in the watch world. I've only been 'into' that world for maybe 10-12 years and it's almost unrecognizable in that time frame. Good in many ways, bad in many too.

Wealthpin

Reaction score
Just got my first "Swiss miss!"

Feeling great about my choice. The gen 1 yachtmaster loses something in pictures but I love the tone on tone aesthetic in person.

Got the iconic tool watch look, but a little different then the standard sub, which is exactly what I wanted.

IMG_3523.JPG

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell her she could poke around the shops at Hatton Garden and a few at the Burlington Arcade. Though I've never seen a pre-owned Q2712410 in a shop. Might be worthwhile to put in a call to Watches of Mayfair and see if they can source one.

Thanks for the help. I contacted Watches of Mayfair and will put Hatton Garden and Burlington Arcade on the list

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads