• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He thought the MoonSwatches were "weird". Here is what he picked out, a FlikFlak watch. He loves it.
My kids have FlikFlaks too but mostly fight over my Gshocks. The 8-yr old wore the FlikFlak daily until the buckle broke (more specifically, the pin).

When I was a kid I had the exact same experience with my Swatches - the buckle always broke first. Unfortunately FlikFlak CS is completely non-responsive so we can't get a matching band or any replacement really for the buckle or even just a replacement pin.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My kids have FlikFlaks too but mostly fight over my Gshocks. The 8-yr old wore the FlikFlak daily until the buckle broke (more specifically, the pin).

When I was a kid I had the exact same experience with my Swatches - the buckle always broke first. Unfortunately FlikFlak CS is completely non-responsive so we can't get a matching band or any replacement really for the buckle or even just a replacement pin.
Hopefully his will last a while. He also has a kids Fitbit that he alternates with it. The FlikFlak has a rotating bezel which he thinks is pretty cool. I showed him how to use it to time things, and now he times everything.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was at European Watch recently, a fellow customer was doing some horse trading. I didn't see what model he was buying but one model he was trading was a VC Overseas. His back was to me but I heard him say Ref. 4520 which is the newest version.

I'd never seen one in person so when we had a minute to chat I asked him if it was the coveted blue dial and he happily handed it over for me to look at. I love the watch in pictures and was excited to handle it but was shocked when it turned out to be the Pink Gold 4520V.

It wears all of its 41mm. It felt massive. Having never owned a full gold sports watch, it's weight is also surprising. I can see why the blue dial is so popular, it's like an ice blue mountain top tarn against a glowing sunset.

4520V-pg.png

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was at European Watch recently, a fellow customer was doing some horse trading. I didn't see what model he was buying but one model he was trading was a VC Overseas. His back was to me but I heard him say Ref. 4520 which is the newest version.

I'd never seen one in person so when we had a minute to chat I asked him if it was the coveted blue dial and he happily handed it over for me to look at. I love the watch in pictures and was excited to handle it but was shocked when it turned out to be the Pink Gold 4520V.

It wears all of its 41mm. It felt massive. Having never owned a full gold sports watch, it's weight is also surprising. I can see why the blue dial is so popular, it's like an ice blue mountain top tarn against a glowing sunset.

View attachment 2224009
That model is a big improvement over the 1st 2 generations of Overseas models. The blue dial is beautiful, but I'm not a fan of blue dials with rose gold. I've seen it with the Overseas, the RO Jumbo, and other watches. Blue dials work nicely with yellow gold, white gold, or platinum, but to me it just never looks quite right with pink or rose gold at least not in person (it looks decent in the image you posted).

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woke up and saw a blue dial rant i clearly had the sense to not post. Phew.

On the subject, does anyone know whether Patek use Gallium or Indium?

It’s too early to look and I am very lazy.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue dials work nicely with yellow gold, white gold, or platinum, but to me it just never looks quite right with pink or rose gold at least not in person (it looks decent in the image you posted).
I’ll admit that when he handed it to me I assumed it was yellow gold. It wasn’t until I looked it up online that I noted they call it pink gold.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll admit that when he handed it to me I assumed it was yellow gold. It wasn’t until I looked it up online that I noted they call it pink gold.
VC, depending on the watch has at times used 4N gold which is pink but not as pink/rose as 5N gold. I have one their dress watches in each. The 4N is very easy to mistake for yellow gold. While blue is my favorite color for watches, clothes, and cars, I think pink/rose gold watches generally look much better with silver, white, black, brown, or pink dials. YMMV. :cheers:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Only found an article in English in the (questionable) Sun, but the story is true, took place Saturday, and the watch was a Rolex.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso