• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of the reason why I don't really spend money on watches even though they hold their value better than my other hobby of bespoke clothes and shoes. At least with the bespoke stuff, the cutters/shoemakers aren't going to tell me to bundle purchases or treat me like sh1t.

I heard recently that a few women are suing Hermes because sales associates suggested if they bundled purchases or buy a bunch of slow selling items to build a buying history/relationship, they will be able to get a Birkin. They bought a bunch of stuff they didn't want and still don't have Birkins. What a bunch of idiots!
It's not an issue so long as you like what you're buying in order to get access to what you really want. I've purchased art in part to start a relationship with a gallery for future transactions. I like the art I've bought and the possibility of additional purchases (not of a particular piece or artists) is a factor, but not the deciding one.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any ADs have a "no flipping" term for a set number of years in their contract of sale? It's quite common in the art world. I suppose it's easier to enforce with unique items.

I think I read somewhere that FPJ views any sale under 3 years as negatively and anything older than 3 years as neutral...although that was prob in 2020 or 2021, so not sure how much that has changed with the market landscape and FPJs brand glow up

acconrad

Reaction score

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not an issue so long as you like what you're buying in order to get access to what you really want. I've purchased art in part to start a relationship with a gallery for future transactions. I like the art I've bought and the possibility of additional purchases (not of a particular piece or artists) is a factor, but not the deciding one.
I am curious to see the art but that would derail this thread.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, if you bought something you really like and that helps get you other pieces, I have no issue with that. People who buy things they didn't really like or want, with the hope of getting some very difficult to purchase items are idiots.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in independent watchmakers, too, but it seems like many of them lean heavily into open-worked/skeletonized or very "steampunk" style designs, which I generally do not find appealing at all.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks great! I can't tell if it's just the lighting or if that is an older steel and tantalum RO?
Is the Zenith cooler? I feel like these are two different breeds of Daytonas.
View attachment 2153655
Yes, the Zenith is just way cooler sorry! I like the dial and hour markers far more! But don't feel bad, I own a 116520 sort of blobby hour markers, and I think my Zenith Daytona looks so much better! Cheers!

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you serious? thats amazing. im a big fan of that whole genre (Intervals, Polyphia, CHON, Periphery, AAL, et al)

Yes, I also sold a lot of those guys their nicer guitars. Have bought and sold with Aaron Marshall a ton, the Polyphia guys I sold them EBMMs, etc.

I sold my ownership stake in Horizon Devices last year as it's too small/niche for me, but I had a lot of fun working on it!

mp94

Reaction score
Congrats! Looks great! I can't tell if it's just the lighting or if that is an older steel and tantalum RO?

Yes, the Zenith is just way cooler sorry! I like the dial and hour markers far more! But don't feel bad, I own a 116520 sort of blobby hour markers, and I think my Zenith Daytona looks so much better! Cheers!
Yep the older tantalum and steel!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads