• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Hmmmm your BB in first and your BaBy in the second plan…
And your BB collecting memories ?
🤔

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! That Tudor should help you keep track of how much sleep you'll miss!

Thanks, friend. Its been a week and a half but it feels like a month.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the best photo I could find. Definitely not a Rolex, but a Rolex "homage". Brand wordmark looks maybe like Fossil?

Should be able to enlarge this to see.

View attachment 2145153

Better image to zoom: https://images.axios.com/usVCMiuquCgyDW4K5sZGa-dnTNs=/2024/03/08/1709862506889.jpg

Pretty sure it's this: https://www.fossil.com/en-us/produc...e-hand-date-stainless-steel-watch/FS6029.html
You know what they say? "Fake it until you make it, but then just keep faking because you're a fake!"

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic from last week.

But first child sleeping the day after birth. My BB is collecting some special memories now.

View attachment 2145231
congratulations! nothing worth doing is easy, and parenthood is one of the most challenging but probably most rewarding thing you can do.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the best photo I could find. Definitely not a Rolex, but a Rolex "homage". Brand wordmark looks maybe like Fossil?

View attachment 2145153

Better image to zoom: https://images.axios.com/usVCMiuquCgyDW4K5sZGa-dnTNs=/2024/03/08/1709862506889.jpg

Pretty sure it's this: https://www.fossil.com/en-us/produc...e-hand-date-stainless-steel-watch/FS6029.html
To be fair, the guy did disclose that he has no assets. Even something pleb, like a used Air King, requires some money.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, the guy did disclose that he has no assets. Even something pleb, like a used Air King, requires some money.
Ha...I've read that article. No judgement from me...just playing internet sleuth this morning.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm your BB in first and your BaBy in the second plan…
And your BB collecting memories ?
🤔

It may be the lack of sleep, but I don't understand the first sentence.

BB has memories and milestones attached to it so when it goes to her later down the line, she'll know and hopefully it will be more special.

congratulations! nothing worth doing is easy, and parenthood is one of the most challenging but probably most rewarding thing you can do.

Thanks, Mitch.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2145153

It's a this Fossil This came up last fall when people thought they "got him" for wearing a batman.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
It may be the lack of sleep, but I don't understand the first sentence.

BB has memories and milestones attached to it so when it goes to her later down the line, she'll know and hopefully it will be more special.

Thanks,
Not really a girl’s watch TBH…
Now yes family/heirloom watches are special.
My kids are pretty lucky as both their parents like watches… They already got a Rolex each (+ a Cartier for my daughter who is the elder), and later will have our watches collections.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really a girl’s watch TBH…
Now yes family/heirloom watches are special.
My kids are pretty lucky as both their parents like watches… They already got a Rolex each (+ a Cartier for my daughter who is the elder), and later will have our watches collections.

I've seen plenty of bb58s on women. My wife wears mine sometimes and it looks great.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
🤷🏻‍♂️ well actually women wearing huge men’s watches is fashionable indeed.

I wouldn't say 39mm is huge my any means and it looks very good on any size wrist in my opinion. But you have your opinion on the matter, which is totally fine.

I think women in dive watches are great.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 12.37.35.png

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I wouldn't say 39mm is huge my any means and it looks very good on any size wrist in my opinion. But you have your opinion on the matter, which is totally fine.

I think women in dive watches are great.

View attachment 2145357
I already find 39mm quite big for most men’s watches so for women… but as you say everyone has his opinion/taste…

symphvaria

Reaction score
39mm was considered a large watch for men for the vast majority of the 20th century. The original Royal Oak and Nautilus were both 39mm watches, and they were considered “jumbo” sized on that alone. 39mm being the new norm is a very recent development.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads