• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i mostly agree with this , the daytona comes off as somewhat uncertain-of-itself with all the marketing copy printed on the dial .

my caveat is that it's actually a very interesting move to objectify text
I find extra text annoying on most watches. However, I have to admit, after so many years of owning Rolex professional/sports models, I think I would find the dial almost too empty if it didn't have all the text I've come to expect on one. I'm not saying it wouldn't look good, just it might take me a while to get used to.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already thinking about the next big one.

White gold 15202 with salmon dial is oddly reasonable, trading for similar prices compared to the much more common rose gold 15202 (~$130k). The premium over retail (when still available) is ~75%, versus steel 15202s and 16202s selling for ~2.5x retail.

Only ~200-225 ever made—meaning, it’s actually quite scarce.

In all, I see it as a good deal relative to other RO Jumbos. Plus, I believe that 15202 watches will stand to garner a premium over the 16202 in the long run, as they feature the original caliber.

Cherry on top: since it’s out of production, I’d have to go secondary market and avoid the AP boutique rat race.

View attachment 2104317
View attachment 2104319
View attachment 2104321
Overall a good value relative to some of the other Jumbos out there. I agree and think the Jumbos with the original caliber will garner a premium over the new latest 16202s. I remember meeting a AP collector with a tremendous collection, and his advice was, if you can do it and you are only ever going to buy 1 AP, buy a Jumbo. He said the movement is so specialized, that it is the only non complicated RO made in the same production facility with all of their highly complicated watches.

I'm not a salmon dial fan, so that would be my only reservation about the wg version. There are a few older steel salmon dials with the AP at 12. I believe the jubilee model had a different shade of salmon I find more appealing (most jubilee models had a gray dial) but that might cost you as much if not more than the WG version. As you seem to be a fan of most shades of salmon dials, that's probably a non-issue for you. Good luck.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saw this at AD other day. Unexpectedly smitten. “Taupe” dial and bezel on sterling silver case are killer.

794659C2-1422-4998-8F0B-CD7F9A13A4B9.jpeg

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never gave these watches a thought but your pics are making me reconsider.

Quality wise, nothing comes close at the used price point. The normal time only trades for ~$14k. The retrograde seconds (pictured) like ~$21k - $23k.

All of mine have objectively been better finished than Lange's + Pateks I've had in the ~$20k - $60k range.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know a place that can fix a Wolf winder? Wolf themselves doesn’t respond to contacts so they can suck it.

I had a wall fastener fail and drop a mirror on my winder. Mostly missed the winder itself, but totally destroyed the receptacle where the power adapter plugs in at the back.

The mechanism should be fine, i think i just need some parts replaced in that damaged area…

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a place that can fix a Wolf winder? Wolf themselves doesn’t respond to contacts so they can suck it.

I had a wall fastener fail and drop a mirror on my winder. Mostly missed the winder itself, but totally destroyed the receptacle where the power adapter plugs in at the back.

The mechanism should be fine, i think i just need some parts replaced in that damaged area…

just two weeks ago, i reached out to Wolf to inquire into repairing my father's 8-winder case.

they told me they don't do repairs but offered me 40% off on a new one. :/

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just two weeks ago, i reached out to Wolf to inquire into repairing my father's 8-winder case.

they told me they don't do repairs but offered me 40% off on a new one. :/
Thanks, I might take that offer if i can’t source a repair. If i can ever get those buttheads to reply to me!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I might take that offer if i can’t source a repair. If i can ever get those buttheads to reply to me!

if it's only the plug or power supply or whatever i'd def take it to an appliance repair place and skip the mfr , you don't need them to fix it you just need somebody who can source a oem or compatible component and patch it up

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit outside of the normal posts here, but I figured enough people here have been through entry level NYC finance jobs that I thought I'd network and ask. (I'm a jazz musician so ...) My daughter is a sophomore and econ major at a relatively prestigious private college, and had a pretty lucky internship last summer. She's hoping for a financially-rewarding NYC finance job this summer, but has already been accepted to a London School of Economics program next summer as a fallback. (We'll just eat the deposit if she bails.) She had a very cool interview with a company in Bologna today and a bunch of other leads so I'm not worried about her. She mentioned today she doesn't have a "watch." My wife has no interest in watches whatsoever, and only wears her Apple Watch. Wife has a couple of Baume & Merciers, a Tiffany, a Nomos, and other assorted stuff, but nothing like a Cartier or Rolex to lend out.

What do entry-level Gen Z finance interns wear? I'd be happy to shop for her, but probably $2K max as a random gift. (FFS we're already paying $80K a year for school.) A bit of an oddball post but if there was an obvious option (Longines, Breitling, Tudor?) that y'all have seen, I'd be appreciative of any input. Thanks!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit outside of the normal posts here, but I figured enough people here have been through entry level NYC finance jobs that I thought I'd network and ask. (I'm a jazz musician so ...) My daughter is a sophomore and econ major at a relatively prestigious private college, and had a pretty lucky internship last summer. She's hoping for a financially-rewarding NYC finance job this summer, but has already been accepted to a London School of Economics program next summer as a fallback. (We'll just eat the deposit if she bails.) She had a very cool interview with a company in Bologna today and a bunch of other leads so I'm not worried about her. She mentioned today she doesn't have a "watch." My wife has no interest in watches whatsoever, and only wears her Apple Watch. Wife has a couple of Baume & Merciers, a Tiffany, a Nomos, and other assorted stuff, but nothing like a Cartier or Rolex to lend out.

What do entry-level Gen Z finance interns wear? I'd be happy to shop for her, but probably $2K max as a random gift. (FFS we're already paying $80K a year for school.) A bit of an oddball post but if there was an obvious option (Longines, Breitling, Tudor?) that y'all have seen, I'd be appreciative of any input. Thanks!
Cartier quartz model or she can just take one of your wife's watch that she doesn't wear.

acconrad

Reaction score
What do entry-level Gen Z finance interns wear?
Isn't the point of a NYC finance job is so that she can make a lot of money and earn her own watch? Interns live on ramen, so probably a Timex Marlin or a G-Shock or like something you save up for. What they don't wear in the real world is anything that resembles a watch in this thread.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Congrats to you and your daughter. I’m in “NYC finance” but with quite a few more years behind me. Truth is, nobody will care what watch your daughter is wearing (or not wearing). So please don’t spend unnecessary money. Don’t buy a watch to buy a watch.

That said, I agree that a Cartier would be an “appropriate” watch for a junior-ranking woman in finance. Most commonly, you’ll see the Tank Francaise and Panthere. But these are priced far above your $2,000 threshold and—again—nobody expects her to be wearing such a thing.

My advice? If she loves watches, let her earn her first bonus and buy one for herself. That will win her more respect in the bullpen versus “my daddy bought it for me,” which will have the opposite effect if any.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads