• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep debating on whether or not I should buy a Spectre AT. The 8500 movement models look much better than the 8800/8900 models.
I felt this way, too, but recently tried on the 8900 models again and was actually won over. I think in photos the 8500's are better in part because Omega seems to be making their lugs shorter which can make them look stubbier, but the 8500's have longer, more elegant lugs. But in real life, the downward curve of the lugs toward your wrist on the 8900s is actually really appealing to me. I like the asymmetrical case of the 8500, too, for its more direct lineage out of Seamaster history, but on this watch don't mind the symmetrical case.
Anyway, yes you should get the Spectre AT (it's the 38.5mm model right?). Framed date window or not (the non-framed-window has anti-magnetism and would personally be my choice but I get it why some like the framed window).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway, yes you should get the Spectre AT (it's the 38.5mm model right?). Framed date window or not (the non-framed-window has anti-magnetism and would personally be my choice but I get it why some like the framed window).
The 38.5mm framed date window is the Skyfall. In Spectre, Daniel wore the ".2" model at 41.5mm and no date window. Only visual difference in the 8500 .1 and .2 model is the framed date window. I think the framed date window uses white gold for indices and date window while the .2 uses rhodium. I don't really like the 38.5mm version since the case proportions are off at over 13mm thick.

There's a 41.5mm framed date window version.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 38.5mm framed date window is the Skyfall. In Spectre, Daniel wore the ".2" model at 41.5mm and no date window. Only visual difference in the 8500 .1 and .2 model is the framed date window. I think the framed date window uses white gold for indices and date window while the .2 uses rhodium. I don't really like the 38.5mm version since the case proportions are off at over 13mm thick.

I’m fairly sure the indexes on mine (no frame on date) are also white gold.

I totally agree with you on proportions. On a strap, the 38.5 mm felt way too thick for me. It was better on bracelet but that wasn’t what I wanted. The 41.5 mm is much more balanced.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Super great info, thanks. I hadn't dove deep on those intricacies yet.
I have a 41.5 8500 AT and the size is great, not too big like girly-men like to say.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I plan to buy a Sports (or Field) Watch next year (or the year after depending of the availability). I retained a few options, among them the Seamaster Heritage 300, but I’m finally turned off by the thickness. Too bad as the design is top notch.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets hope Santa brings some lights off, missionary for Christmas!!!

DSC04761.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics