• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for places to do an older Omega restoration that won’t break the bank?

It’s likely a mid-80s De Ville and has some dial damage…it’s prob not worth a ton but has sentimental value since it was a gift from my mother to father. My dad doesn’t want to send it to Omega cause of the cost (website says restoration starts at $3K) but I’m worried some random local jeweler will just butcher it…

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for places to do an older Omega restoration that won’t break the bank?

It’s likely a mid-80s De Ville and has some dial damage…it’s prob not worth a ton but has sentimental value since it was a gift from my mother to father. My dad doesn’t want to send it to Omega cause of the cost (website says restoration starts at $3K) but I’m worried some random local jeweler will just butcher it…
Very happy with their repair services. They have fixed several watches for me and my wife. Never used their restoration service but it would be worth inquiring.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally I would not wear a Submariner with a suit, but this pairing just made sense.

Screen Shot 2023-01-08 at 6.50.59 AM.png

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This place is always highly recommended on an Omega forum I participate in. https://www.nesbitswatchservice.com/omega-watch.html

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh nice dude I just got to try on one of those as well.

yeah yeah it's big, whatevs, but the o-megasteel looks great. looking forward to that making its way to the PO refresh coming this year.
Allegedly. This has been speculated the past 2 years with nothing

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would much rather have the 16600 version than the new one.

I disagree. The DSSD is a f*cking bad ass watch that gives you the Rolex DNA, but with more of an edge. It’s the most fun watch to wear out of anything in my lineup.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. The DSSD is a ******* bad ass watch that gives you the Rolex DNA, but with more of an edge. It’s the most fun watch to wear out of anything in my lineup.
I guess that’s true when your wrist is obese but for normal people who don’t have an obese wrist, the 16600 works better

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess that’s true when your wrist is obese but for normal people who don’t have an obese wrist, the 16600 works better
It's also a real tool watch vice a posturing one.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would much rather have the 16600 version than the new one.

Agree wholeheartedly. That's the one watch I owned that I regret selling. Similar age as the one in the article, circa 02-03 with lug holes. The only thing that gave me pause was the stamped clasp. Other than that it's the perfect ONE-WATCH diver.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly. That's the one watch I owned that I regret selling. Similar age as the one in the article, circa 02-03 with lug holes. The only thing that gave me pause was the stamped clasp. Other than that it's the perfect ONE-WATCH diver.
Had a chance to get one yeas ago but already had the 16610 Sub so I passed. totally should have pounced of course. One grandkid might be disappointed someday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads