• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are they hard to get? Didn’t seem like it. AD offered on to me with a discount.
I’ve never seen a 36mm in any AD even before C19. I’ve seen the RG 40mm version quite often but I haven’t really went to any AD in over a year so times might be different now.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, if I did a similar picture it would be three iWatches and whatever I was wearing.
Well my maternal great grandfather was born in 1858. My paternal grandfather was born in 1873. Neither of them made it into the iWatch era. I have not bought one ... but the next generation seems to want nothing but the iWatch.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a 36mm in any AD even before C19. I’ve seen the RG 40mm version quite often but I haven’t really went to any AD in over a year so times might be different now.
I was shown a 36mm -- well 36.5mm -- very recently.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don’t believe the WG 36mm is at dealers yet. I was offered an incoming.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel so very out of it. I see I am not alone. I had not a clue.
OK, sorry then, sincerely.

It didn't seem that complicated a joke but the tl:dr:
we are all insufferable pricks here, in some form or another, like particles bound by some StyFo strange attractor where insufferable prickness is one of the the common crossing points of our various paths. On an internet forum.

A_Trajectory_Through_Phase_Space_in_a_Lorenz_Attractor.gif

N.B.:
In all sincerity: my mention of @RJman was only in reference to his role as a moderator/organizer, in the joke, and certainly not as any ad hominem insult, just to be 100% clear. No offense was intended. I like and respect RJman.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The piece unique? I’d imagine it is tough to get:

Personally I like the platinum. Also pretty rare.

Oh no—I was not talking about the one-off recreation of the original 1921. Obviously that is unobtainium. My understanding is that VC is going to exhibit it around the world through their boutique network, starting with New York City.

The watch I want is the newly launched white gold American 1921 in 36mm. It is being serially made.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Love that 1921 watch. Doubt it is coming in platinum. What was the discount % that you were offered on incoming item, if ydmm asking?
Website offers to shop for 36.5mm via telephone, encouraging.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads