• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You prefer this to the 3514? Same movement. From the 60s I believe. Better looking case.

3514 certainly has a more traditionally Calatrava-esque case, which I generally prefer, but it’s pretty small at 33.5mm. I suspect for most men today, that is just a tad bid too dainty.

The 3445 caught my attention as a 35mm+ vintage Calatrava at a reasonable price in white gold.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be? I don’t know claim to know him on that level. Lots of families have rifts and skeletons in the closet. My experiences with him have been pleasant and I hold him in high regard as a person and as an NFL QB.
His brother and his family have said directly that Rodgers has chosen not to speak with them. Rodgers has always remained silent as to why but this isn't media speculation from a gossip rag nor is there any question about this.

This doesn't change the fact that he could be a good person or a jerk and that your experiences have been pleasant.

I've never met him and can only go off of what I see on TV. He comes off as just a normal guy who plays football and likes to have fun.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3514 certainly has a more traditionally Calatrava-esque case, which I generally prefer, but it’s pretty small at 33.5mm. I suspect for most men today, that is just a tad bid too dainty.

The 3445 caught my attention as a 35mm+ vintage Calatrava at a reasonable price in white gold.

But with those wide set lugs, 3514 should wear big. To my eye it is a better value/alternative for someone who missed the 570 train. But can't go wrong with either.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The whole brand ambassador thing always amused me. I can see if one is a professional and endorses a watch specific to his profession. Let’s say a spaceX test pilot or something. The fact that he prefers a Brietling would impress me.

What the f**k does it matter what some football player wears?
all Tag Heuer marketing people will quit their job now:)

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His brother and his family have said directly that Rodgers has chosen not to speak with them. Rodgers has always remained silent as to why but this isn't media speculation from a gossip rag nor is there any question about this.

This doesn't change the fact that he could be a good person or a jerk and that your experiences have been pleasant.

I've never met him and can only go off of what I see on TV. He comes off as just a normal guy who plays football and likes to have fun.
this is the internet, we don't care if people might actually be nice or had a dispute with their family. We judge quickly and unapologetically and of course all rumors are true:)

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a new watch to share, it's not nearly as nice as the watches I've seen here but it's something I've wanted for several years now, and the project was very rewarding when all was said and done.

Seiko Flightmaster Chronograph Aviation

IMG_4022.JPG

I wasn't really digging the stainless steel, so I scoured the internet in search of a replacement. I was about to settle on a CXL Horween Band from Ashland Leather and then I saw it...

So off came the bracelet, which was a first time for me so I took to YouTube University (Long Island Watch).

IMG_4384.JPG

Bought this from a seller near West Sussex, England who custom design straps from NOS Parachute parts from the French military.

IMG_4387.JPG

Love the how it looks with that bright yellow chrono hand. It's super comfortable too and has a little bit of a stretch to it, which comes in handy with expansion.

IMG_4389.JPG

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a new watch to share, it's not nearly as nice as the watches I've seen here but it's something I've wanted for several years now, and the project was very rewarding when all was said and done.

View attachment 1547237

I wasn't really digging the stainless steel, so I scoured the internet in search of a replacement. I was about to settle on a CXL Horween Band from Ashland Leather and then I saw it...

So off came the bracelet, which was a first time for me so I took to YouTube University (Long Island Watch).

View attachment 1547240

Bought this from a seller near West Sussex, England who custom design straps from NOS Parachute parts from the French military.

View attachment 1547243

Love the how it looks with that bright yellow chrono hand. It's super comfortable too and has a little bit of a stretch to it, which comes in handy with expansion.

View attachment 1547244
Congrats, man. Never be afraid to share your watch here, no matter what the brand.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, man. Never be afraid to share your watch here, no matter what the brand.

Thanks! Btw are you a Jon Hamm (Mad Men) fan? Does the brand Randolph Engineering mean anything to you?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1547237

View attachment 1547240

View attachment 1547243

View attachment 1547244

A friend of mine whom I serve on a community board with has this watch. Every month when we would have our board meetings, he would wear this watch and I would tell him how much I like it.

Great pick and I hope you really enjoy it

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1547237

View attachment 1547240

View attachment 1547243

View attachment 1547244

that new strap completely transforms the watch. A well earned prize.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feel like these analog vs digital discussions miss a core part of the fun by focusing on functionality. Especially in a thread where very few will argue about the superiority of the Citizen Chronomaster over Trinity movements, on a forum where half the members wear suits for fun in 2021.

I prefer driving cars built before 2000, despite the much worse engine, gearboxes, etc. because they are built by mechanical engineers (not marketeers and psychologists) and devoid of a lot of stuff that isolates me from the road. I find Teslas immensely boring because they are the end point of this evolution: with the auto pilot you literally don't even have to press the pedals or touch the wheel anymore (I guess the next step is teleportation). Give me even a square shaped 1.4l diesel family wagon any day where I have to fight the hills and the trucks and work hard to maintain 100kph. I'll even give up Android Auto's convenience for good old fashioned buttons you can navigate by feel, and a blocky GPS unit that speaks to you like the Terminator. Nope, the market today is overweight "crossovers" that can't go offroad and have no interior space and whose driving experience is the equivalent of unsalted potato mash.
This is why I drive a 2009 Jewp Wrangler and the only ‘screen’ it has is the windscreen. At some point I’ll have to upgrade to the new version which has electric windows, built in GPS, push button start, and a key fob the size of a half brick - none of which I want! Progress eh?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 2015 jeep has roll up windows and no a/c

... and still, fly-by-wire....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads