• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ap10046

Reaction score
You may be right...i'm not quite sure if fat 4/font bezels came on all 1680's or not...some more research needed LOL.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming Tudor is like Rolex and they wouldn't swap out a part if I sent a watch in for service would they? IE say you want to swap out a seconds hand and of course pay for it. Any thoughts?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming Tudor is like Rolex and they wouldn't swap out a part if I sent a watch in for service would they? IE say you want to swap out a seconds hand and of course pay for it. Any thoughts?

I believe they use the same service centers (at least in the US), so the policies should be the same. My experiences has been that Rolex will contact you and let you know if they believe a part needs to be replaced and they will tell you the price and also send an email with their quote. If you agree to replace a part, you pay for it and they keep the old parts. If you want to be sure of something I would contact the NY Service Center (212) 758-7700.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe they use the same service centers (at least in the US), so the policies should be the same. My experiences has been that Rolex will contact you and let you know if they believe a part needs to be replaced and they will tell you the price and also send an email with their quote. If you agree to replace a part, you pay for it and they keep the old parts. If you want to be sure of something I would contact the NY Service Center (212) 758-7700.

Thanks for the timely reply sir! The catch is this would be a purely cosmetic change, albeit a small one, and I'd want to keep the original part as well. My guess is I'd have to go through a trusted independent service, have them remove the part and then hand it over to Rolex (Tudor) and get a replacement. Of course I'd reach out to an AD or Service Center first. I'm getting ahead of myself though as I don't have the watch yet. Thinking ahead before a potential purchase.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the timely reply sir! The catch is this would be a purely cosmetic change, albeit a small one, and I'd want to keep the original part as well. My guess is I'd have to go through a trusted independent service, have them remove the part and then hand it over to Rolex (Tudor) and get a replacement. Of course I'd reach out to an AD or Service Center first. I'm getting ahead of myself though as I don't have the watch yet. Thinking ahead before a potential purchase.

Yes, if you want to keep the original part and buy a new one, then you would need to take it to an independent service shop. Rolex (which as you know is the parent company to Tudor) has a policy of only selling/replacing parts on a trade in basis. Sort of strange that that you buy the new part and they get to keep the old part, but at least in the past it was explained to me that they don't want people using the old parts to cobble together fakes that use some real parts. Wishing you luck with your potential purchase!

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently I have been feeling this. I still can't justify the price but I do think it is a beautiful, modern piece. I'm very pleased that they shrunk the Lambda down to 39mm. The 42mm was huge.
954-lambda-39-samtschwarz-3d-front.jpg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently I have been feeling this. I still can't justify the price but I do think it is a beautiful, modern piece. I'm very pleased that they shrunk the Lambda down to 39mm. The 42mm was huge.
View attachment 876992
Hard to go wrong with a Nomos. That one is beautifully understated.

[RANT]
I note that an affiliate vendor on this forum has just launched another Kickstarter campaign hawking their "minimalist" design watches. In fact, there must be dozens of cookie-cutter Kickstarter watch brands (Daniel Wellington is one that comes to mind) all selling watches where someone anguished for months getting the details "perfect" or "just right". Well, no. This is how it's done. Brilliant, clean, Bauhaus-inspired design. Beautiful movements. Simply beautiful watches.
[/RANT]

WSW

Reaction score
View attachment 876992

I've also looked at the Lambda for quite some time. Very unique in its design. 42 mm had too much empty space while the 39 mm feels just right. Too bad the U.S. listed price places it right next to Lange etc.

pmeis

Reaction score
View attachment 876992

Had a chance to handle the 39mm and 42mm when I took the Nomos tour in April. The 39mm one is just about perfect, the 42mm is an odd duck. I’d definitely like to have one at some post, but that’s a ways off at the moment.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never understood the appeal of Nomos, looks very "mechanical" for lack of better word...

c0de

Reaction score
I never understood the appeal of Nomos, looks very "mechanical" for lack of better word...

IMO all German watches have the same “cold” and “surgical” look. That’s what I feel at least. It’s like a nice Audi.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score

They are an in-house brand for once - that (some time ago) was reasonable priced. Their aesthetics are really love or hate; i really like a few of them and really hate their long lugs and sometimes strange case shapes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigie36