• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:inlove: Without a doubt it's at the top of my list. It's the only Yachtmaster, that has ever excited me enough to want to buy one, and it would fill in the missing titanium watch gap in my humble collection.
My SA at the Boston boutique didn't give me much hope for a Ti YM. That said, in terms of a Ti watch, there were things about the Ti Pelagos that I didn't like so I sold it. The Pelagos 39 seems to have resolved many of those things so I'd like to take a look at one in person. Every time @Newcomer posts his pics I'm intrigued.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I took a look at one not long ago as well. Was told it's an impossible ask.

Not like I'd ever have a shot at one but was sad to see the Le Mans Daytona discontinued. I loved the association with the race, the reverse panda, 24 hr counter and open caseback. Perfectly spec'd IMO.

I had several hours of windshield time this week so I listened to the Hodinkee podcast coverage. I love the fact that Ben Clymer turned a hobby into a living and maybe I'm looking for nits to pick but I shuddered when I heard him say, "this hits all the notes a Patek guy like me would like," followed by, "a lot of people who haven't experienced Patek like I have over the years just don't understand how hard they go."

Actually sounds a lot like us in this thread now that I think about it.

Whose “us” :puzzled:

Anyway, Ben might want to start experiencing some lower cost brands as Hodinkee is in bad financial shape.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My SA at the Boston boutique didn't give me much hope for a Ti YM. That said, in terms of a Ti watch, there were things about the Ti Pelagos that I didn't like so I sold it. The Pelagos 39 seems to have resolved many of those things so I'd like to take a look at one in person. Every time @Newcomer posts his pics I'm intrigued.
Yes, I'm sure I'm quite low on their priority list for a Ti YM. But I'm not in any hurry. I'm not huge for substitutions of things I really want (if I don't have to), so I'm more likely to wait to see if I ever get a call, or see if another company offers a Ti watch that really grabs my attention.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure I'm quite low on their priority list for a Ti YM. But I'm not in any hurry. I'm not huge for substitutions of things I really want (if I don't have to), so I'm more likely to wait to see if I ever get a call, or see if another company offers a Ti watch that really grabs my attention.
Of all the guys I know who deserve an allocation of a Rolex watch, none are more deserving than you, Dino. Let’s hope Cartier blesses you unexpectedly with an allocation of that new Tortue MP as a consolation.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whose “us” :puzzled:

Anyway, Ben might want to start experiencing some lower cost brands as Hodinkee is in bad financial shape.
It's funny because my phone pinged and I got a Hodinkee sales email maybe a minute after reading this.

Discontinued Omega From The 1990s And 2000s​

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of all the guys I know who deserve an allocation of a Rolex watch, none are more deserving than you, Dino. Let’s hope Cartier blesses you unexpectedly with an allocation of that new Tortue MP as a consolation.
:cheers: Thank you brother! I would love to get that Ti Yachtmaster allocation, but for now I am trying to give wrist time to each of my watches and behave...at least for a little while.:wink:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of uninspiring or even hideous stuff from Zenith recently, but this Defy Chronograph is quite attractive.

Digital RGB-1-SOLDAT-2_DEFY-Skyline-Chronograph_03.9500.3600.01.I001_4x5.png

acconrad

Reaction score
first thought: royal oak offshore chrono knockoff by a brand whose name i can't escape is resembling the entry-tier appliance maker that Sears used to sell back in the 90s

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You are not that far off (from Wiki):

Due to ongoing naming disputes with the Zenith Radio Company, the company was unable to achieve a sizable market share in the United States. In 1968, Zenith merged with Movado (and later Mondia as Movado-Zenith-Mondia) to sell in the United States under the already established Movado brand. With the popularity of quartz watches increasing, Zenith Radio Company decided to enter the market in 1972 through acquisition of Zenith, joining the two companies of the same name. It was during this ownership that production of mechanical movements was halted and the production shifted to quartz movements, a move meant to save the company, but ultimately led to it being put up for sale in 1978.

JamesInLondon

Reaction score
IMG_9627.jpeg
IMG_9626.jpeg

By a considerable margin, this was my watch of the show. The grained grey/green dial is domed like an old Omega pie pan dial and has a lovely, but unphotographable texture. But the movement is the undoubted star, made from 18k gold, it’s the nicest designed movement I have seen in a long time and it has, by far, the smoothest winding of any watch I handled at Palexpo and at the “pirates”.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
View attachment 2167357 View attachment 2167355

By a considerable margin, this was my watch of the show. The grained grey/green dial is domed like an old Omega pie pan dial and has a lovely, but unphotographable texture. But the movement is the undoubted star, made from 18k gold, it’s the nicest designed movement I have seen in a long time and it has, by far, the smoothest winding of any watch I handled at Palexpo and at the “pirates”.
And what about the VC and its 63 complications ?
IMG_7723.jpeg

Can’t really draw a parallel, but I like the idea that mine is more than a hundred year older.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads