• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
This is - in my opinion - the most desirable watch (vintage excluded). Rough as a ******* rock, yet elegant.

It's certainly one I've looked at a hundred times. And in that configuration, too: for me the "Burgundy" one is the definitive choice. And bracelet > strap, as it's easier to add the latter when you want to change things up. Most desirable watch? Not sure. But certainly a lot of high production and design values for a reasonable price. Yes, there are cheaper ETA-driven divers that are worth a look: Oris Aquis looks nice to me. But the Tudor really feels a lot more expensive in finish and design next to the cheaper options.

By the way, interesting ring (looks very tight?); what's the inscription?

Here's a poser for you all: best GMT bracelet watch, preferably under three grand? Used is OK. Prefer a chunky (40-something mm?), sporty look, e.g. Ingenieur, 16570 etc, but preferably without a contrasting/insert diver bezel. And cheaper than those two.

Last edited:

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Nomos Weltzeit sourced from a non-commercial seller on the secondary market.

Nothing else under $3K comes close. :|

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
It's a great watch, but not that chunky, knockabout bracelet item I had in mind. And I've never seen one that cheap.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here's a poser for you all: best GMT bracelet watch, preferably under three grand?  Used is OK. Prefer a chunky (40-something mm?), sporty look, e.g. Ingenieur, 16570 etc, but preferably without a contrasting/insert diver bezel.  And cheaper than those two.

IWC UTC Pilot's Watch

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a great watch, but not that chunky, knockabout bracelet item I had in mind.  And I've never seen one that cheap.

Check "all days" on watchrecon and you'll see a few.

OK, your only GMT option in something sporty from an independent manufacture is probably some kind of mechanical Grand Seiko, then.

Or just save up a bit more and get the 16570 you mentioned. Plenty of good ones out there under $4K.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
TWAT is always at its best when enabling. :)

There is more to come. I can feel it.

mildundklar

Reaction score
It's certainly one I've looked at a hundred times. And in that configuration, too: for me the "Burgundy" one is the definitive choice. And bracelet > strap, as it's easier to add the latter when you want to change things up. Most desirable watch? Not sure. But certainly a lot of high production and design values for a reasonable price. Yes, there are cheaper ETA-driven divers that are worth a look: Oris Aquis looks nice to me. But the Tudor really feels a lot more expensive in finish and design next to the cheaper options.

By the way, interesting ring (looks very tight?); what's the inscription?

Here's a poser for you all: best GMT bracelet watch, preferably under three grand? Used is OK. Prefer a chunky (40-something mm?), sporty look, e.g. Ingenieur, 16570 etc, but preferably without a contrasting/insert diver bezel. And cheaper than those two.

All_Blues - a Swedish brand. www.allblues.se. Really nice stuff & not tight at all.

Last edited:

mildundklar

Reaction score
Sjöö Sandström. Another swedish brand with the newly release - Royal Steel Worldtimer. A 40 mm GMT watch. It comes on a really comfortable braceletI & it's right in the sweet spot between dress & tool - therefore a killer on both leather & nato. 41 mm (wears much smaller).

http://sjoosandstrom.se/collection/royal-steel-worldtimer/

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TWAT is always at its best when enabling. :)

There is more to come.  I can feel it.

:lurk:

The Enabler has been enabled?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see a ton of Rolexes on the tube in London. I was almost thinking of getting rid of mine because they've become so common.
They haven't become so common... they've been common for many years in most major cities. However, when you build a really good product in a somewhat attainable price range, a lot of people are going to buy it.

As I've said before, when I see someone in a room wearing the same Rolex as me, I just think to myself. "Damn, that guy's got good taste!"
wink.gif

Oh dear. I guess that means I'll have to buy another so I can start using it myself.

Anyone have a view on the Zenith El Primero "De Luca II"? Seems like an attractive poor man's alternative to a Daytona at around USD 3k. I understand the movement is solid (and also a minor milestone in horological history). Example:
Its a great movement, and they make very good watches. A friend of mine has had a different model of Zenith but with an El Primero movement and he likes it a lot, (although he doesn't seem to wear it much). The old 116520 Daytonas used an El Primero as its base movement, but there were numerous changes made to it before it went into the Daytona. However, if the base movement is good enough to use as a starting point for Rolex then you can bet its a pretty good movement!

atia2

Reaction score

They haven't become so common... they've been common for many years in most major cities.  However, when you build a really good product in a somewhat attainable price range, a lot of people are going to buy it.

I'm sure you're right. When someone buys said product (as I did last year) they start noticing other people wearing it!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Hmm. Not feeling the love. I'm sure it's great value, but not exciting.

I will wait for true romance.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is - in my opinion - the most desirable watch (vintage excluded). Rough as a ******* rock, yet elegant.

I wouldn't say the most (for me at least), but it is a desirable piece, that's for sure. I like the blue black version as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads