• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually really like the Czapek Antarctique. The Antarctique is a cross between a Vacheron 222 and a Royal Oak. Czapek normally only does limited runs and right now the Antarctique is doing a Passage de Drake run. The brand isn't recognizable by anyone because it's only been around for like 10 years. I heard that if you order a watch, you can get on a call with the watch designer and the CEO and talk about minor modifications of the watch.
First Antarctique run

Current Antarctique run

If you want something closer to the RO look without the price, the Zenith Defy time only model isn't bad.

I really like these a lot, and I'm a sucker for a microtor too. Pretty sure @Dino944 and I have discussed these in the past, and while I would love to have one, I think they'd still be overpriced at half of retail. I do hope they sell out however, since I think they make some really interesting pieces and are doing good work.

I suppose when my Powerball money comes through I will get one and pay retail to boot. Any day now...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like these a lot, and I'm a sucker for a microtor too. Pretty sure @Dino944 and I have discussed these in the past, and while I would love to have one, I think they'd still be overpriced at half of retail. I do hope they sell out however, since I think they make some really interesting pieces and are doing good work.

I suppose when my Powerball money comes through I will get one and pay retail to boot. Any day now...
Well you won't really have to worry about the value tanking on the GM because there are none on the GM. That should help the watch retain value pretty good. I would like to get a RO 15202 but that's not very likely and out of my price range at $29k.

This watch is pretty close to it along with some other details like an additional strap with a quick change bracelet for about 2/3 of the cost and is more unique.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well you won't really have to worry about the value tanking on the GM because there are none on the GM. That should help the watch retain value pretty good. I would like to get a RO 15202 but that's not very likely and out of my price range at $29k.

This watch is pretty close to it along with some other details like an additional strap with a quick change bracelet for about 2/3 of the cost and is more unique.

Well, I dont buy any watches as investments, so I dont really care about resale or value retention, unless I can get a used on for half price. I also love the RO, but its become such a "thing" that I think I would honestly prefer the Czapek.

I think it would be a really good idea for you to buy one, if only so that you can post pictures here for me to look at. I do have a client in Houston, so if we can ever travel again you can buy me lunch after his fitting and show me the watch :)

ronscuba

Reaction score
In my taste in watches I noticed certain design elements/styles kept repeating. Come to find they were designed by the same person, Gerald Genta.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my taste in watches I noticed certain design elements/styles kept repeating. Come to find they were designed by the same person, Gerald Genta.

Well, not only did he use certain elements more than once when designing watches, his designs were so influential that at times he has mistakenly been credited with designing watches that he did NOT design :rotflmao: , such as VC's 222 (actually designed by Jorg Hysek).

ronscuba

Reaction score
Well, not only did he use certain elements more than once when designing watches, his designs were so influential that at times he has mistakenly been credited with designing watches that he did NOT design :rotflmao: , such as VC's 222 (actually designed by Jorg Hysek).
My wife's wedding gift to me was a watch of my choosing (with $ restrictions). I chose the Bulgari Bulgari. This was many years ago. Had no idea about watches, I just chose the watch that spoke to me the most. I believe it was a Genta design.

It is a shame that Jorg Hysek is losing credit.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife's wedding gift to me was a watch of my choosing (with $ restrictions). I chose the Bulgari Bulgari. This was many years ago. Had no idea about watches, I just chose the watch that spoke to me the most. I believe it was a Genta design.

It is a shame that Jorg Hysek is losing credit.

The Bvlgari Bvlgari watch is a classic for them, and yes you are correct it's a Genta design. I've always liked their designs especially their Diagono sport watches, in particular the Scuba Chronograph.

With VC's 222 becoming a cult classic, and the great grandfather of their Overseas sports watches (which have been the subject of several reviews in recent years), the truth about who designed the 222 is much more widely known these days.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok. I’ll admit it. The new Speedy is cool. Very pleased.
919067AC-578B-4250-A217-0EE1C50056E1.jpeg
01C21A61-9DB4-4A71-A03F-44591064CD3E.jpeg
0AFF9B47-86B8-4DBF-B1EB-CC9F5C93B160.jpeg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kops him before he stop again!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s actually more differentiation now between S and H where the up charge is worth it to some people. Prior model was just a display case back and slightly thinner but had the awful milky ring.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s actually more differentiation now between S and H where the up charge is worth it to some people. Prior model was just a display case back and slightly thinner but had the awful milky ring.

Ya I got mine in Fall 19. If I get a newer one I would likely go sapphire.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member