• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pmeis

Reaction score
I thought my white dialed Oyster Perpetual was still in close to mint condition after a year and half of ownership, but recently took a close look at it couldn't believe some of the scratches on the sides of the head. I did pick up a preowned Panerai a couple months ago that had more wear than I would normally want (mainly on the bezel). But i paid the right price for it and it's been incredibly freeing to realize that it's already "well loved" and being a thick watch that I will inevitably scratch up further, it won't really have any material effect on my enjoyment.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amazing how careful some of you guys are
One friend/watch collector says I have ninja like reflexes to keep my watches looking so nice. ? The main care I give it is I don't wear it for any type of high impact activities, and being in an office I usually wear long sleeves, which seem to protect it from many day to day casual bumps against various items. Cheers!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prid

Pristine condition!
I never pay too much attention to my watches when worn. Otherwise, I don’t feel any pleasure wearing them. To some extent, obviously

Its probably in my DNA. My Dad is like that about everything. His watches, cars, pens, knives, basically anything that he purchases.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if there is a full guilloche version I think I might take the bite first before telling you:p

oh and speaking of the round one, there are platinum one (2nd hand), still over $10k though...

my bet is you can definitely at least another $1k off it, but still high I suppose.

yea, the movement is legit, same as piaget Altiplano (430p)

p.s. I thought it's 430p instead of 9p

So went to the mansion today the guilloche 27.5mm was discountined since 2014, though they might be able to get left over stock from Geneva, that probably explain where the brand new flying in around for discount, so now just need someone with the right contact I suppose...

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another thing people don’t realize about the 15202: THE BEZEL WILL SCRATCH IF YOU LOOK AT IT TOO LONG. If you scratch the bezel (it’s really more a function of WHEN, not if), the resale value drops $5-10k. I literally never wear mine because I’m too afraid of a shirt cuff scratching it.
I've had my 15400 for nearly 3 years and it's definitely scratched to ****.

+1, my ROC is insanely scratched but that's because its a near daily wearer for me and I'm not precious about things like that. It was meant to be worn and scratches are inevitable in my life. Oh well.

emptym

Reaction score
I sold my AP because of the association it has with rappers. Not a good look for my line of work.

Also I'm sure they'll fall back down. They weren't always that popular. Literally @in stitches made them hot again.
Fixed.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AP is the current "Cristal" of watches in hip-hop. Don't have to listen to much to hear them referenced often. Here's just a taste:

Rappers are also associating with Patek. I think it’s sort of dumb just because some rappers like something that you can’t even if it’s not a good look in your line of work.

I get enough **** as is. Don't need more :)

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While not quite up to the level of the most recent postings here, I'm quite enjoying this Christmas gift. I've been wanting a chrono, and I've been wanting something with blue hands on a white dial, so this hit the mark. I've always liked the IWC Portugeiser chrono, but it wears too large for me...this one feels like it hits many of the same notes.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@mak1277 - I really like that Longines, particularly for the texture/detail on the dial.

I recently traded my Longines Heritage 1973 chrono for a Bell & Ross V1-92 Military (+ a bunch of cash coming to me). The Longines was an absolutely gorgeous watch but it just never got much wrist time as I always seem to grab a G-Shock or a diver or a military-style watch. The Longines was just too dressy for me.

The Longines are parted ways with:

The B&R I received:

The B&R is a great size and fits so comfortably. I know B&R is another brand that doesn't get much love here (and their square watches don't do much for me) but I'm really happy with this one.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mak1277 - I really like that Longines, particularly for the texture/detail on the dial.

I recently traded my Longines Heritage 1973 chrono for a Bell & Ross V1-92 Military (+ a bunch of cash coming to me). The Longines was an absolutely gorgeous watch but it just never got much wrist time as I always seem to grab a G-Shock or a diver or a military-style watch. The Longines was just too dressy for me.

The Longines are parted ways with:

The B&R I received:

The B&R is a great size and fits so comfortably. I know B&R is another brand that doesn't get much love here (and their square watches don't do much for me) but I'm really happy with this one.

Yep, my photos don't do the dial justice.

I like both the '73 chrono and that B&R. I agree with you on B&R, they have a lot of designs that really look sharp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads