• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flowen

Reaction score
Wait for them to release some Games suits in cotton canvas or cotton/linen, heavy twill cotton is too thick for summer.

It's a very nice all-year round material, but I wouldn't wear it during summer, maybe chilly summer nights but that's it.
any idea when the next season is dropping?

nachobarro

Reaction score
any idea when the next season is dropping?
Drake’s doesn’t drop all of their season all at once, they usually list new items on their web ramdomly.

Last year they released the Spring/summer lookbook on May, so I think that by that date we’ll have new S/S garments, but no one really knows when we’ll see the new pieces.

NassimBandini

Reaction score
The measurements advertised are so off the mark, it’s insane. Got a cotton/linen suit and I went two sizes above for the jacket (from 38 to 42) and it’s still tight.

for the pants, I went for 32 instead of 30 and the discrepancy is 4cm (turns out the half waist is 39cm!).

What the hell, really.

nachobarro

Reaction score
The measurements advertised are so off the mark, it’s insane. Got a cotton/linen suit and I went two sizes above for the jacket (from 38 to 42) and it’s still tight.

for the pants, I went for 32 instead of 30 and the discrepancy is 4cm (turns out the half waist is 39cm!).

What the hell, really.
yeah please contact customer service and send feedback. Most of their measurements are off, it would actually be better to not have any at this point.

Mood Indigo

Reaction score
Has anyone here had experience with the current season’s “Heavy cotton twill” Games suit pieces? Thinking of picking a set up. How heavy is it? Would it be usable as a summer suit? What’s the fabric like in hand?

Heavy cottons are more three-season suits, which are ideally worn in spring and fall. Living in the North of France, I wear them until June. But in summer they are clearly too thick. These are my favorite Games, I find their look superb.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
anyone with pics of wearing the games trousers casually? Or do they only really work with the full suit.

nachobarro

Reaction score
anyone with pics of wearing the games trousers casually? Or do they only really work with the full suit.
They are like pleated chinos, so yeah no problem wearing them with other things like sneakers, more casual shoes, t-shirts, shetlands, hoodies…

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are like pleated chinos, so yeah no problem wearing them with other things like sneakers, more casual shoes, t-shirts, shetlands, hoodies…
Yeah, I feel like I should actually do this. I've got two games suits and never think to where them as separates

Malgreque

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with both the mid blue OCBD and the Ice Blue? Debating between the two but photos online are extremely similar and I was curious if anyone had direct experience with this.

(Hi everyone, first post here). I have both. The "Ice blue" is definitely lighter. The contrast between "white dots" and "blue dots" is more pronounced on the "mid blue", a bit like the Ralph Lauren classic light blue OCBD.

zranger102797

Reaction score
I recently got my first NWT mid blue in a 16.5 and liked the fit. I then ordered a gently used 16.5 on eBay and the sleeves are 2” shorter. I wasn’t too upset by this, as I was hoping the sleeves on my new 16.5 would shrink a bit upon first wash. Seller insists he didn’t tailor the sleeves. Is 2” expected sleeve shrinkage?

Trevallon

Reaction score
I recently got my first NWT mid blue in a 16.5 and liked the fit. I then ordered a gently used 16.5 on eBay and the sleeves are 2” shorter. I wasn’t too upset by this, as I was hoping the sleeves on my new 16.5 would shrink a bit upon first wash. Seller insists he didn’t tailor the sleeves. Is 2” expected sleeve shrinkage?
I have never had 2 inches shrinkage (sleeves) on my oxfords. Less than that for sure. But I never measured it exactly.

NiHa1234

Reaction score
Would appreciate some input on linen shirt sizing, especially if anyone has both the linen and OCBD shirts. I’m a 16.5 in the OCBDs - would that be equivalent to XL in the linen shirts?

trg12

Reaction score
I’m between a 16 and 16.5 in the OCBDs and wear an L in last season’s linen shirts that fit non-snug. I haven’t handled an XL unfortunately.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
I picked up my first games blazer mk. VII https://us.drakes.com/products/brown-houndstooth-check-harris-tweed-games-blazer-mk-vii and like you can expect from Drakes it's a beautiful jacket. I really enjoyed the fabric, spongey, with a bit of natural stretch, the chest pocket, internal pockets, and lack of buttons on the sleeves. I tried both a 36 and 38(usual) jacket size and both fit. I liked the 36 more as it had a slimmer fit, but if I wanted to layer the full drake's look such as an oxford and thicker sweater (shetland, vest, fleece) I would need the 38 for the room. I am returning both because the jackets were too long and I am not a fan of the flap pockets. If this blazer was shorter, completely unstructured, and with patch pockets, I would have kept it. I measured the jacket length starting at the bottom of the collar to be 29 7/8 for the size 36 and 30 1/8 for the size 38.
IMG_1561.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

random photos of how i like my sports jacket to fit
IMG_0986 2.jpg

IMG_0982 2.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them