• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
This e-store out of San Diego has a linen chore on sale. Other Drake's items as well if you scroll his site and sort by "Brands".

Gentlemens footwear is awesome. Recently bought a green canvas chore for basically half off.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
Anyone speak to how the old model 3 denim compares to the current offerings? i have an opportunity to buy a used light wash pair of model 3s but was unsure how they fit or held up since they are quite a few years old. Are they still worth seeking out despite their age?

Main concerns are fit. I know the current offerings are generous up top and have a roomier fit based on the measurements, but have no idea on the older styles.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This e-store out of San Diego has a linen chore on sale. Other Drake's items as well if you scroll his site and sort by "Brands".

Gentlemens footwear is awesome. Recently bought a green canvas chore for basically half off.
+2 for awesomeness of Gentlemen's Footwear.

ikoiko

Reaction score
Anyone speak to how the old model 3 denim compares to the current offerings? i have an opportunity to buy a used light wash pair of model 3s but was unsure how they fit or held up since they are quite a few years old. Are they still worth seeking out despite their age?

Main concerns are fit. I know the current offerings are generous up top and have a roomier fit based on the measurements, but have no idea on the older styles.

M3 have an impressive construction, feel more substantial and heavier than the current offerings. They're made to last. Blackhorse Lane made the model 3 and it shows. The leather patch is satisfyingly thicc.

I haven't done a direct comparison though I have both, but as you've gathered, the model 3 are a bit slimmer fitting, but not by a lot. Possibly a lower rise but again, not by much. They're designed to compliment Drake's and they do that quite well. I'd go for them!

Older Drake's doesn't mean made worse by any measure. (It might actually mean the opposite in some cases).

Mavidpark

Reaction score
M3 have an impressive construction, feel more substantial and heavier than the current offerings. They're made to last. Blackhorse Lane made the model 3 and it shows. The leather patch is satisfyingly thicc.

I haven't done a direct comparison though I have both, but as you've gathered, the model 3 are a bit slimmer fitting, but not by a lot. Possibly a lower rise but again, not by much. They're designed to compliment Drake's and they do that quite well. I'd go for them!

Older Drake's doesn't mean made worse by any measure. (It might actually mean the opposite in some cases).
Hi thank you! this is a great response. One more question if you dont mind answering. Thigh width is my biggest concern. I cant fit into 501's or orslow 105s comfortably due to the smaller thigh width. The main reason drakes denim is so attractive is the roomy top block. Will the model 3 fit wider than a standard 501 or orslow 105?

Also based on these pics the seller sent. Do yall think these are in fair condition considering the age and wear?

No offense to the seller if hes on these forums.

Attachments

• m31.jpeg
    m31.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 125
  • m32.jpeg
    m32.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 119
  • m33.jpeg
    m33.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 117
  • m34.jpeg
    m34.jpeg
    428 KB · Views: 257
  • m35.jpeg
    m35.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

ikoiko

Reaction score
Hi thank you! this is a great response. One more question if you dont mind answering. Thigh width is my biggest concern. I cant fit into 501's or orslow 105s comfortably due to the smaller thigh width. The main reason drakes denim is so attractive is the roomy top block. Will the model 3 fit wider than a standard 501 or orslow 105?

Also based on these pics the seller sent. Do yall think these are in fair condition considering the age and wear?

No offense to the seller if hes on these forums.

They look fine to me. As you can see, the patch does bleed a little bit, but nowhere noticeable. That's the only 'flaw' I see. What's the inseam on these?

I have the same pair, 32-33 inseam (need to check), with raw hems. Usually cuff them but was about to take them to the tailor.

DcDrape

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with both the mid blue OCBD and the Ice Blue? Debating between the two but photos online are extremely similar and I was curious if anyone had direct experience with this.

nprose

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a pair of Drake's Canal penny loafers in brown suede, and I wanted to inquire about recommendations for how to navigate the resoling process at the end of the crepe soles' life — I wear them quite a bit since they are just about the perfect shoe for college wear.

I love my loafers so much that I was considering buying a pair of Drake's 'Chard' Moc-Toe derbies in brown suede. My loafers are size 7.5UK, and at the beginning they felt rather stiff at the heel, but now they are the perfect fit for me — very comfortable once broken-in. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what size I should get in the 'Chard' derbies?

Thank you for all your help.
So, I went through a similar process for a pair of tobacco crosby chukkas. I got about five years out of them, wearing them constantly. Probably my favorite shoes. I think it depends where you live and how good the cobblers are. I took mine in to a couple places where I live in Northern California and nobody seemed to have crepe soles available for resoling. I had to settle for an alternative, and while I'm happy to get some additional wear out of them, I also can't report that they are as good as the original. A long time back I seem to remember someone recommending a place in New York that could do it, but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, it's a tough call, but the shoes are great.

justinpledger

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with both the mid blue OCBD and the Ice Blue? Debating between the two but photos online are extremely similar and I was curious if anyone had direct experience with this.
The difference may be that the Ice Blue has a sheen to it so that it looks shiny in different lighting conditions? I don't know for sure. It's just a thought. There were two blue chambray shirts last year that were practically the same colour but one was slightly shiny. Perhaps they've renamed them to illustrate this more clearly. I may be wrong though! Perhaps give one of the stores a call to double check.

flowen

Reaction score
Has anyone here had experience with the current season’s “Heavy cotton twill” Games suit pieces? Thinking of picking a set up. How heavy is it? Would it be usable as a summer suit? What’s the fabric like in hand?

Kid_Icarus

Reaction score
My experience: it’s pretty heavy, and has good drape. It’s not at all stiff. I personally think it’s a little too heavy to wear in high summer. I think it’s more comfortable in spring and early-mid autumn. Drake’s makes lighter-weight linen and linen-cotton suiting offerings that are more appropriate for high summer, in my opinion.

I picked up the tobacco suit last summer and got a lot of wear out of it. It’s a beautiful color, very comfortable and effortless to wear.

IMG_6040.jpeg
IMG_6039.jpeg

Freshnewduds23

Reaction score
Anyone here know how the Astorflex and Drake's desert boots compare? How do they differ?

I'm also curious as to whether the Drake's desert boots are lined at the toe-box, like the Crosby which I find rather stiff at the toe region.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Has anyone here had experience with the current season’s “Heavy cotton twill” Games suit pieces? Thinking of picking a set up. How heavy is it? Would it be usable as a summer suit? What’s the fabric like in hand?
Wait for them to release some Games suits in cotton canvas or cotton/linen, heavy twill cotton is too thick for summer.

It's a very nice all-year round material, but I wouldn't wear it during summer, maybe chilly summer nights but that's it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeandthelostboys