• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Treble

Reaction score
Beat up Blundstones.
Aurora shoes.
Beat up Timberland Boat shoes (with the lug sole).
Paraboot Avignon for "dressier" occasions.

I am still considering the ubiquitous Paraboot Michael for exactly these weather conditions.

Also, if I am feeling particularly rugged: LL Bean Duck boots.

I have found moccasins / boat shoes not quite weatherproof enough on occasions. I think Chelsea boots on a deep lug sole might be the way.

And Avignon for work / Games' suit occasions.

henrip

Reaction score
Drake's fans on the more casual side (denim, oxfords, shetlands, fleece vs tailoring), when it's raining and foul what footwear do you reach for?

RM Williams Chelsea?
Paraboot for the deep sole?
Paraboot Neuilly or Reims
Astorflex Greenflex or Bitflex
Tarvas Explorer

Honestly, all my Astorflex shoes (except Dukeflex) are pretty much waterproof. Not sure how that’s even possible…

I’m thinking about buying Diemme Roccia vet sport for the worst of the worst weather. Does anyone know if the traction is good on ice and snow?

Last edited:

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Yes, Chelsea boots too, like my beloved YSL Hedi Slimane I have been wearing almost a decade now (?!, didn’t realise been so long). Not as comfortable as Aldens though.

And then the two items from the archive sale: the red fleece and the red scarf. Both lovely pieces. Fleece is a size XL: I was worried it might be too large but it fits me well. The recent Drake’s editorial on fleeces also showed people wearing oversized fleeces.

And then the regular Coverall in a true to size 42 for me. Ever since getting it last October or so I have been wearing it almost daily, bar the really cold days (say 8 degrees Celsius and below) when I would be wearing my Woolrich Woolen Mills four hands parka (special edition, over a decade old!).

Denim: Oni Denim.

Attachments

• IMG_6931.jpeg
    IMG_6931.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6932.jpeg
    IMG_6932.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_6933.jpeg
    IMG_6933.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 390

Trevallon

Reaction score
Yes, Chelsea boots too, like my beloved YSL Hedi Slimane I have been wearing almost a decade now (?!, didn’t realise been so long). Not as comfortable as Aldens though.

And then the two items from the archive sale: the red fleece and the red scarf. Both lovely pieces. Fleece is a size XL: I was worried it might be too large but it fits me well. The recent Drake’s editorial on fleeces also showed people wearing oversized fleeces.

And then the regular Coverall in a true to size 42 for me. Ever since getting it last October or so I have been wearing it almost daily, bar the really cold days (say 8 degrees Celsius and below) when I would be wearing my Woolrich Woolen Mills four hands parka (special edition, over a decade old!).

That looks great! (Should have gotten that scarf myself, I really like how the colour pops on the coverall...)

turned_up

Reaction score
Drake's fans on the more casual side (denim, oxfords, shetlands, fleece vs tailoring), when it's raining and foul what footwear do you reach for?

RM Williams Chelsea?
Anglo-Italian suede desert boots with crepe soles, Morjas suede jumper boots or C&Js Brecon in calf with Dainite soles. The suedes ones I spray them every couple of months with Saphir invulver stain protector which provides some level of waterproofing.

kailanop

Reaction score

RM Williams Chelsea?
Really, you can wear anything! It’s remarkable how well something like suede cleans up.

I do tend to stick with the Paraboot Michael or Alden Indy though if it’s particularly grim outside.

bjorkheimen

Reaction score
Really, you can wear anything! It’s remarkable how well something like suede cleans up.

I do tend to stick with the Paraboot Michael or Alden Indy though if it’s particularly grim outside.
I live in Norway and it gets kind of rough here sometimes in winter. I've been using the Sorel Cheyanne - good looking casual shoe, but it's way too warm. This year I've been using Hunters chelsea boot with a wool insole - great success. Perhaps not the best alternative estethically, but that is what makes it cool sometimes.

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and currently think about getting a chasseur jacket from Drake's. My issue is the sizing. I usually wear a 38/40 UK but I'm quite tall (6'1"). Therefore I don't really know if I should go down to 36 or get the 38. Maybe someone of you has more experience with Drake's sizing for rather tall and skinny guys like me?

I also have a second question: I came across this green tag and was wondering if one of you could date it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 12-30-44 Drake's Seidenschal beidseitig gemustert blaugrün eBay.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 12-30-44 Drake's Seidenschal beidseitig gemustert blaugrün eBay.png
    399.1 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:

boujeepeople

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and currently think about getting a chasseur jacket from Drake's. My issue is the sizing. I usually wear a 38/40 UK but I'm quite tall (6'1"). Therefore I don't really know if I should go down to 36 or get the 38. Maybe someone of you has more experience with Drake's sizing for rather tall and skinny guys like me?

I also have a second question: I came across this green tag and was wondering if one of you could date it.

HI there, I wear the chasseur and im 6.2, but I wear a UK 46 usually but I down size to a UK 44 as they are a large fitting.

We have some in stock on our website you may like to checkout all measurement as there and 30 days returns as well. The smallest we have a UK 38 but can layer up underneath with some knitwear.

Last edited:

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I picked up a pair of the YSL Hedi Slimane Chelsea boots. I absolutely love it!

Last edited:

henrip

Reaction score
Any advice where (preferably EU but UK is fine as well) I could find medium size Indigo rinsed western shirt? Also interested in used ones in nice condition.

garigo

Reaction score
Speaking of Drake's alternatives, I found this website that sells scarves in various sizes and materials. Can't speak of the quality (haven't tried them yet), but the designs look really nice.

htinlinn

Reaction score
Some S/S items coming online this week.

I didn’t buy the tweed artist chore from the winter collection but am considering this linen jacket.

trg12

Reaction score
I didn’t buy the tweed artist chore from the winter collection but am considering this linen jacket.

Great looking jacket! It’s also back to made in Italy

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member