• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beepbop

Reaction score
CB4ECD43-FDB8-4345-833B-851FCCF9E65F.jpeg

Drakes sport coat and ocbd from sample sales

Lee1234

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has the chore jacket in Linen and attempted washing theirs? I feel mine is probably half a size too big for me and wondering if I would get much success washing it in the hope it would shrink slightly (but not too much). I know the fit is supposed to be a bit boxy and relaxed but feel it would look better if it was slightly smaller.

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Anyone find the armholes on their chore jacket, at least in denim, a bit large? Perhaps it’s because I sized up, but lifting my arms pulls the fabric in the arms and across my back, seemingly given that the armhole is both large and away from my body. Wondering if anyone else has found this, or did I just mess up in sizing?

Italianglo

Reaction score

tjs121

Reaction score
Some new fleeces, bucket hats, and bandanas:

Oddly attracted to the patched fleeces, especially this one: https://www.drakes.com/what-s-new/ecru-orange-and-brown-boucle-wool-zip-fleece-vest - don't think I could afford a one-off like that though. Very fall-esque
okay but I feel like $145 for a cotton banana is actually insane

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The price is so marked up considering the quality of these Bandanas are just below average in terms of the hand-rolled edges...

I don't believe Drake's accessories have handrolled edges. They are all machine rolled and sewn, like Rubiancci's pocket squares.

Faroe65

Reaction score
I don't believe Drake's accessories have handrolled edges. They are all machine rolled and sewn, like Rubiancci's pocket squares.
Well I'm not an expert on this. But I am sure the four or five untipped ties I own from Drake's (made at their old haberdasher st. workshop) are hand-rolled. I have also got a pocket square from drakes, hand-rolled as well but not neatly made. Rubinacci pocket squares are handrolled? But I cannot speak for their tipped ties and new Italian made Bandana sure.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads