• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kaws N effect

Reaction score
Are the Ultra-Stretch Skinny Chinos getting restocked? Or is the run pretty much done?

Are you referring to online or in stores?

I can only speak for in stores. Online has its own separate inventory and we don't cross over, so if you see an item available online, don't expect it to be available in stores, and vice versa.

This question I'm afraid I don't have info on, but...
I can tell you that most of our men trousers get restocked quite frequently, in every sizes from 28-36 with standard length of 34. Inventory usually comes in on tuesday/wednesday overnight, and the morning staffs will quickly replenish to ensure all sizes are displayed.

In response to your last question, I wouldn't say quality went down. If anything, Uniqlo make their clothing based on current fashion trends. I'll also argue that advancement in technology may have something to do with it.

Case in point, the staple pieces like heattech, airvism, and ultra down jacket has subtle changes. Sometimes customer would come up to me and asked if we made the same material jacket as the one she bought a few years ago. Material changed based on new technology and current fashion trends. We keep the same look, but change the material (whether for better fit, sleeker design, etc)

Last edited:

kaws N effect

Reaction score
Hi SF - Do the selvedge slim jeans still bleed when cuffed? Want to wear them with light suede but don’t want it to ruin shoes at the same time.

Thanks!

I'm glad you asked. From my experience, yes, the raw denims does bleed with wear overtime. I'm assuming here you don't want the cuff to be something like high water?

AJ1

Reaction score
Yea was trying to avoid the high water and leave the standard cuff as they come, which is about a single 1-2 inch cuff. know of Any tricks?

I'm glad you asked. From my experience, yes, the raw denims does bleed with wear overtime. I'm assuming here you don't want the cuff to be something like high water?

cafedandy

Reaction score
Yea was trying to avoid the high water and leave the standard cuff as they come, which is about a single 1-2 inch cuff. know of Any tricks?
I wouldn't recommend wearing them with light-colored shoes, they will definitely make marks on it. This depends also on your mannerisms like crossing your legs, that will accidentally brush through it.

I usually do the double cuff on these so that it still has a clean look compared to a doughnut roll.

images.jpg

txm22

Reaction score
Maybe a random question, but anyone know if Uniqlo is going to restock the Airism Boxers (not the Airism briefs)? I don't see them on the website anymore.

kaws N effect

Reaction score
You are better off going in stores. We always like to display full sku at all times. Plus, if they don't have it in that particular store, someone there can let you know which other store within the area will certainly have it, if at all.

NYLON

Reaction score
What exactly happens to all the unsold stuff? They get relegated to offer bins. And those don't seem to appear on the site (they took off the SKUS) And then further to that, what happens to all those unsold odd sizes in the offer bins if they get past their shelf life?

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I’m finding this more and more common. Thinner t shirts, flannels, Henley’s etc
I compared it with my old one and while it isn't THAT much thinner it definitely has less of a nice soft brushed feel. They're a lot smoother now.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What exactly happens to all the unsold stuff? They get relegated to offer bins. And those don't seem to appear on the site (they took off the SKUS) And then further to that, what happens to all those unsold odd sizes in the offer bins if they get past their shelf life?

It's normal for retail stores to destroy unsold merchandise.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Can't be helped to keep prices low. Denims and color jeans got thinner, too, also the U ones as compared to last year. I used to have pairs from years back that have double the thickness of what's offered now - except that I do like the fit of the current pairs. I miss the Made in Japan ones, too; when the jeans line used to be called UJ.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or are the flannel shirts thinner than ever before?

I was one of the first early adopters of the Uniqlo flannel. I will tell you back then they were softer...and weaker. The new flannels now 2018 are much thicker and better quality.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here owns this jacket?

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-...azers#start=42&cgid=men-outerwear-and-blazers

I bought it in Olive. The fit is perfect. What I hate is how itchy the Nylon Mesh in the inside is. If I wear just a T-Shirt it itches like crazy because the mesh is abrasive. It's got a tremendous zipper and a fantastic huge hood to keep away the snow. But the jacket is a bit on the thin side. It feels more like a shell than a full jacket.

Debating whether to return.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads