• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conqueror

Reaction score

Anyone have any experience with the Uniqlo linen shirts? Is it a thin linen or a robust linen that would work for 2-3 seasons?

I'm looking for worn/textured white and off-white button up shirts to wear with Geller fits and as a base layer under outerwear. The beige seems really nice.

i own 2x S/S and 2x L/S linen shirts, all in M. i'm 6'1 and the S/S in particular fits slightly big. they're great for the price + useful in australian summer.

Last edited:

mrballs

Reaction score

Nice. Did you cop anything? What's are the stand outs? 

Sure did. The Indiglo Sweat Pullover Hoodie is a great unique colorway, quite liked the material as well. Also got the supima cotton crew neck sweater with the wide knit texture... fits slim to my surprise and ultra comfy. Copped all the colorways.

NYLON

Reaction score
Sure did. The Indiglo Sweat Pullover Hoodie is a great unique colorway, quite liked the material as well. Also got the supima cotton crew neck sweater with the wide knit texture... fits slim to my surprise and ultra comfy. Copped all the colorways.

Just had a look at all the range at the store.

Coped the sweat short sleeve in light indigo. & the jogger type pants in grey. Never had the shade of grey before tho.

That jogger material is very light & thin.

conqueror

Reaction score
unfortunately it looks like they have fucked with the flannel sizing. i own a handful which were bought over the last few seasons that all fit perfectly for OTR in M. just picked up 2 more and the sleeves are waaaaaay too long: i'm hardly a short dude either (6'1). such a bummer.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

unfortunately it looks like they have fucked with the flannel sizing. i own a handful which were bought over the last few seasons that all fit perfectly for OTR in M. just picked up 2 more and the sleeves are waaaaaay too long: i'm hardly a short dude either (6'1). such a bummer.

Odd. Although maybe good for me. I'm also 6'1", but possibly a far lankier 6'1". The only issue I've had with size M Uniqlo flannels in the past was that the sleeves were too short. Have you tried hot washing and machine drying?

In better news, the Airism mesh tank made a return (at least in the US). Still fits well if you size up one, and it's pretty much my go-to piece for running outdoors in hot weather.

JilSlander

Reaction score

Wait, they're releasing flannels already for FW2017?

The FW2016 flannels fit the same for me as FW2015/4, etc.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that's a bummer about flannel sizing. I'm only 5'10" and take a medium usually, though they're getting tight across the shoulders so I'm probably gonna have to go to size large soon.

I hope they release some patchwork ones again, I have a few from a couple years ago I really like.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think uniqlo gonna release anything good from here on out. They are talking about matching with Zara production for 13 day turn around from design to implementation. So expect some fast fashion, tons of different items and BS

JilSlander

Reaction score
Well that's a bummer about flannel sizing. I'm only 5'10" and take a medium usually, though they're getting tight across the shoulders so I'm probably gonna have to go to size large soon.

I hope they release some patchwork ones again, I have a few from a couple years ago I really like.

FW2016 flannels were mostly classic, inoffensive, and slightly uninteresting colorways.

Those awesome frankenstein patchwork flannels were from FW2015.

Mrlol

Reaction score
I don't think uniqlo gonna release anything good from here on out. They are talking about matching with Zara production for 13 day turn around from design to implementation. So expect some fast fashion, tons of different items and BS

omg that would suck so much.... uniqlo is the best budget store to buy basics atm!

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when Uniqlo was first introduced in the USA and they had a bunch of cute colorful flannels.

Now their flannels today look like poo. :(

Nothing good lasts forever. :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads