• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
that's what i'm thinking as well but they haven't been out that long i don't think so i'm optimistic they just might

indesert, what colors do muji do?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beige white and navy. But online store is out and the muji store I went to in nyc was out. It's on clearance too if you can find it. $30

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah. Fabric is a little course. The muji fabric is better. Really soft and has a nice hand. If you could only find them.

i feel like they won't restock linen at this point. bookmark it though sometimes returns will popup. fwiw i like the fit myself, i'm xs in oxfords and the xs is perfect for me, not a huge fan of the collar shape though. they are a bit scratchy too for sure.

Interesting to hear this. I can't help but wonder if the "outside Japan" linen shirts are made differently from the Japanese market linen shirts.

The ones that I picked up in Tokyo have a "premium linen" label inside and the linen is very soft and nice, particularly once it's been washed and ironed once. The collar shape is nice, too. Whilst the collar band isn't as tall nor the collar leaves as long and wide as my work shirts, the collar is still a nice size and looks good when worn without a tie.

Totakeke

Reaction score
Yeah, the one I bought in Singapore that has the premium linen label feels pretty fine and smooth to me. Collars may not be substantial but I didn't have any particular problems with it.

TheDroog

Reaction score
Can anyone with experience with both the Vintage Chinos and the Slim Fit Chinos tell me how they differ in fit re: rise, thighs, and taper? Aside from the ultra low-rise, the Vintage Chinos fit me pretty well. I'm intrigued by the Slim Fit Chinos since they have some spandex for stretch, but I'm worried that they'll be too tight for my thighs (I bike and run a lot). For reference, both Dockers Alphas and Uniqlo's slim fit jeans are too tight for me.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time my order arrives from Uniqlo the package looks like it's about to fall apart, does this happen to anyone else?

Airism tees arrived today and they really are super light and thin. Gonna be wearing them around the house all summer.

doopdoop

Reaction score
How should I be washing my new Uniqlo clothes? I bought a bunch of cotton shirts, a linen shirt, and two denim shirts.

innocentbystander

Reaction score

Can anyone with experience with both the Vintage Chinos and the Slim Fit Chinos tell me how they differ in fit re: rise, thighs, and taper? Aside from the ultra low-rise, the Vintage Chinos fit me pretty well. I'm intrigued by the Slim Fit Chinos since they have some spandex for stretch, but I'm worried that they'll be too tight for my thighs (I bike and run a lot). For reference, both Dockers Alphas and Uniqlo's slim fit jeans are too tight for me.

I have a pair of the vintage, two pair of the slim. Slim are made from a thinner, lighter material, not the more "traditional" textile found with the vintage. Kind of like it for summer time. Vintage is fairly straight legged, slim is tapered. I also have built up calves from running, and the slim fits will hug your calves. But the addition of spandex doesn't make it feel constricting.

Last edited:

lambretta76

Reaction score
BTW, swung by the SoHo store yesterday -- fall clothes are in (cashmere sweaters, superlight down jackets). Linen goods are on clearance, with very low stock and generally large sizes only.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are those easy care precise measurement shirts? Are they slim dress shirts? They also come in 1/2 inch increments for neck and sleeve.

It's available under the promotional price of 19.99. It's 20 bucks a pop, so I don't expect much, but I would like to hear the general consensus from SF

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads