• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cafedandy2

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the feedback.
In my country it is still listed as a women's item and only available online not in store.
So it's very hard to judge how the item will be in real life.

Looks to be a good volume to use for grocery shopping as well lol.
No worries, glad to help! Don't worry about it still labeled as a women's item, if you can pull it off and want it, then go for it. I've had a couple of women's pieces which work for me such as some shirts and pants and no one really cares except how it can look great on you.

Indeed this is something best seen in person for you to really decide on, but I'd say it's a good one. And yes, good for groceries too hahaha!

januarytwenty

Reaction score
Anyone grabbing anything today from the U collection? I’m looking at the regular fit jeans and knitted slip ons. Possibly the rib blouson.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Anyone grabbing anything today from the U collection? I’m looking at the regular fit jeans and knitted slip ons. Possibly the rib blouson.

Grabbed a pair of the sneakers in khaki, green shoulder bag, and climbing shorts in dark gray.

I'm thinking of going back and getting the shoulder bag in black as well but I'm guessing the interior lining is also black - which means it'll be hard to find stuff inside. Also debating on picking up the sneakers in black/white sole.

cafedandy2

Reaction score
Been eyeing on the single breasted coat in brown. Not sure if it's just me, but kinda feel like it has an 'iridescent' look to it.
Tried this one and indeed it was pretty good, it's like the U blocktech coat and harrington jacket they had in 2018 which give it its unique, elevated look with the different threads of the warp and weft of the gabardine fabric. Just waiting for it on sale as I personally don't have a use for it at the moment, but it's a good outer layer if you need it for spring/autumn. It's similar to the 21FW single breasted coat but without the workwear style pocket topstitching, now it's a bit clean and minimal which I like.

cafedandy2

Reaction score
Grabbed a pair of the sneakers in khaki, green shoulder bag, and climbing shorts in dark gray.

I'm thinking of going back and getting the shoulder bag in black as well but I'm guessing the interior lining is also black - which means it'll be hard to find stuff inside. Also debating on picking up the sneakers in black/white sole.
The bag's been my daily beater for the past month and it's been great as it conforms to the body wherever you place it. Also quite water repellant for light rain, too. This one sold out in Japan in a few days and in some countries, too. The sneakers have become a daily beater for me, too, and more or less it's been one of the better U shoes they have made in terms of comfort and quality.

cafedandy2

Reaction score
What you guys think of the purple jacket? The baker pants looked nice too
I have the jacket and at first the color wasn't something I usually wear, but surprisingly its neutral shade makes it easy to pair with many pieces. Many reviews it's flimsy but it is what it is what it is for a purpose of being a crisp cotton water-repellant parka (I did a water test and a minute in, still not wet). I recommend TTS for this as the oversized volume works well for some ventilation. Baker pants on the other hand after a month of using it has been quite versatile for me too with the many pockets. Safe to size down for me but TTS is great for airiness.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
My Uniqlo U online order arrived today so giving my 2 cents:

Shoulder bag: i got this in green and its quite practical and nice. I definitely see myself using this - hopefully it will hold up for long term use and I think it will. Its a good size, good comfortable drape, and overall I like how it folds over and is light. I think its very versatile for the summer whether I'm going to the beach, the gym, or keep in the car for quick errands to the mart.

Knitted sneakers: I had high hopes for this. Love the design, but it just doesn't seem comfortable. With socks, it's too tight at the forefoot. Barefoot, the heel counter rubs my achilles raw - if I wore it for a long walk I think it' would bleed. Since I like the design, ill try again with dress socks. As a side note, I love the canvas uniqlo lemaire slip on sneakers from 2016 - so much thst I got 3 pairs of the black and 1 of the white. They are comfortable and I was hoping the knitted would follow suit.

Climbing shorts - the M fits me fine (I'm 32/33 waist). I like them. The cut does't blow me away but they give me the feeling that they will grow on me more due to fabric quality and overall practicality.

januarytwenty

Reaction score
My Uniqlo U online order arrived today so giving my 2 cents:

Shoulder bag: i got this in green and its quite practical and nice. I definitely see myself using this - hopefully it will hold up for long term use and I think it will. Its a good size, good comfortable drape, and overall I like how it folds over and is light. I think its very versatile for the summer whether I'm going to the beach, the gym, or keep in the car for quick errands to the mart.

Knitted sneakers: I had high hopes for this. Love the design, but it just doesn't seem comfortable. With socks, it's too tight at the forefoot. Barefoot, the heel counter rubs my achilles raw - if I wore it for a long walk I think it' would bleed. Since I like the design, ill try again with dress socks. As a side note, I love the canvas uniqlo lemaire slip on sneakers from 2016 - so much thst I got 3 pairs of the black and 1 of the white. They are comfortable and I was hoping the knitted would follow suit.

Climbing shorts - the M fits me fine (I'm 32/33 waist). I like them. The cut does't blow me away but they give me the feeling that they will grow on me more due to fabric quality and overall practicality.
****. I was looking forward to the knitted sneakers.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
****. I was looking forward to the knitted sneakers.
Shoes are subjective to individual fit. It could just be that the fit isn't right for me. To be fair the 2016 canvas version fit me very well and I recall a fair number of the reviews saying the fit was uncomfortable.

I was hoping it would replace my allbirds tree loungers. The design is nicer but the allbirds are significantly more comfortable. YMMV

cafedandy2

Reaction score
My experience with the knitted sneakers was good that I even got a second pair. But indeed best to try out some pairs because some of them do have some (defective) heel counters that can scratch the skin. I use a thin foot cover because sizing is a bit large so I had to take a size lower than usual (I'm usually a 43 but I took a 42).

Same experience with the 16SS Canvas Slip ons, those were one of the best and still is for me (I also have 3 pairs each of black and white, the first pairs retired already, the second ones I still use until now, the third ones are reserves for later haha).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads