• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I ordered it along with the wool blend trousers. Can give a short review here when it has arrived.

I saw the comment above on that the pants fit large. Is that the consensus for both the wide jeans and cotton twill wide pants, or are the online measurements accurate?

Last winter, the wool pants ran pretty TTS, while the cotton pants ran large. I'm guessing the same is true now.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
if anyone picked up the grey fishtail size M and decides they aren't keeping it let me know, would take if off your hands before you return it!

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went by the Vancouver Uniqlo and it was an absolute madhouse.

Tried the fishtail parka in medium (which I typically wear) and small, and it was just way too big for my usual liking or aesthetic.

I was able to get the U wool chesterfield coat, and sized down to small, I think I got the last one in the store.

I’m 5’11, 165 lbs for reference.

D488672A-9920-49E8-B92C-22B8F9D2FEBC.jpeg

Edit: the jacket is still pretty baggy for me, I’ll try taking it to a tailor to see if it can be slimmed up, if not and anyone wants to purchase it before I return it, let me know.

E08E646A-633B-4799-A794-25FFAD99D493.jpeg

687C756E-6D8B-48A3-A261-D1018F4C8C6A.jpeg
B8D479DB-4678-462F-A79E-529584F870B6.jpeg
61F94D06-A17F-433B-B304-829DA674578F.jpeg

Last edited:

NYLON

Reaction score
What are the impressions on the UU oxford shirts?

As I've mentioned, they are not your regular oxford cotton. Felt closer to flannel really.

I saw the comment above on that the pants fit large. Is that the consensus for both the wide jeans and cotton twill wide pants, or are the online measurements accurate?

The ankle twill fit huge. I suggest down size by 1 from your regular uniqlo size. I also reckon the jeans will fit the same.
The twill felt a little bit like canvas and the jeans is a mid-weight. The brown is on my "wait for discount list" :)

cafedandy

Reaction score
As I've mentioned, they are not your regular oxford cotton. Felt closer to flannel really.

The ankle twill fit huge. I suggest down size by 1 from your regular uniqlo size. I also reckon the jeans will fit the same.
The twill felt a little bit like canvas and the jeans is a mid-weight. The brown is on my "wait for discount list" :)
Agree with the pants, the jeans, in particular, stretch slightly as you wear it so it's safe to size down for perfect fit.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@1up coat looks good on you as is, from what you're wearing though perhaps it just isn't your style.
did you find the fishtail parka oversized on you even in a small? i'm about the same build and want it to be large enough for layers underneath

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah it definitely is a different aesthetic than what I’m used to, perhaps I just need some help styling it differently before I consider getting it tailored. Any recommendations?

The parka in small was a decent fit throughout the body, you could layer it with a hoodie or a thicker sweater underneath easily. I just found it really baggy throughout the arms and it hung Lower than I expected it to, but I’m not the best judge of what they’re intended to fit like. I’m sure it would work with how rais styles clothing.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah it definitely is a different aesthetic than what I’m used to, perhaps I just need some help styling it differently before I consider getting it tailored. Any recommendations?

The parka in small was a decent fit throughout the body, you could layer it with a hoodie or a thicker sweater underneath easily. I just found it really baggy throughout the arms and it hung Lower than I expected it to, but I’m not the best judge of what they’re intended to fit like. I’m sure it would work with how rais styles clothing.

Have a look at Lemaire mainline collections to get an idea of the aesthetic and styling.

FWIW I do not think getting it slimmed would end well, but I might be wrong. If the coat is like most of the oversized and slouchy coats you find from many brands today (the style is quite trendy), then it is cut differently from a typical menswear coat, and slimming it would likely distort the proportions. For instance, you can look at how the arm (and armhole) is cut wide. Slimming the waist might leave the sleeve width unbalanced to the body and the dropped shoulder design. Just something to think about.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with you, it looks big on you especially if you are not going to wear a sports jacket/blazer underneath it. Assume when you said you got the last one in store, they did not have an extra small?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the cardigan and the hoodie from the U collection. Cardigan fits oversized but I went true, looks awesome on. Hoodie sized up, but can easily go true to size if you want a more tailored fit. Also picked up the high pile fleece from the main line which is super sick for $15 bucks.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No offence to anyone, but I don't understand why you would want pieces from the UU collection if you want a slim fit piece. Lemaire's styling is towards the looser side, that's how it's intended, to size down or tailor it is going against the whole vision of the collection and chances are it's not going to look good.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FYI - Uniqlo Parkas

Dropped by local Uniqlo to check out the parkas in their Uniqlo Sports section. Pass on all except the Blocktech Parka. I was fond of the packable idea but when I felt the fabric, it was just awful to touch. Thin and film like, and I do not really like the elastic hem and sleeve cuff. Color options were alright.

Blocktech Parka felt a lot more substantial for what you are paying, about $30 difference but worth the extra money. Great, simple design. Fits TTS. Velcro at the sleeve cuff did seem cheap but whatever, set it an forget it. (What are you 5? Stop messing with it.)

Was originally just going to go for a darker color, something plain for the gym. Opt for the Dark Orange because it just looked right. A lot colors and when you do one color justice, it is hard to look past it. Plus, enough of the dark colors at the gym (black, navy, olive). Will wear to trips, gym, random events until it eventually falls apart.

No Uniqlo U collections to see in person.

Had to order online because store did not have my size. One of the very few times where I am happy to try it on in-store before ordering since I would have ordered one size small, which still fits but the extra room helps keep the silhouette clean. Size up one if you like the drape and plan to layer underneath a lot. (I tried on a size up and the overall fit is still fine, longer in the body, sleeves can be tapered and shortened because of velcro...very streetwear sportswear vibe.)

Oh and the subtle longer back hem is cool if you into that type of shape.

@1up enjoy the slouch. Your jeans taper too much, makes boots look meh. Not everything has to be slim and skinny.

NYLON

Reaction score

Tried the fishtail parka in medium (which I typically wear) and small, and it was just way too big for my usual liking or aesthetic.

I was able to get the U wool chesterfield coat, and sized down to small, I think I got the last one in the store.

View attachment 854421

Edit: the jacket is still pretty baggy for me, I’ll try taking it to a tailor to see if it can be slimmed up, if not and anyone wants to purchase it before I return it, let me know.

View attachment 854650
View attachment 854651 View attachment 854652 View attachment 854653

TBH, the fit above looks good to me. Why? Because you are wearing not particularly thick inside. No further adjustments need to be made unless you want everything slim fit. (Even for a outer?)

And, I just realize you commented Canada. Uniqlo finally opened there? Good for you guys :) I know most go to the states to purchase physically!

cafedandy

Reaction score

View attachment 854421

View attachment 854650
View attachment 854651 View attachment 854652 View attachment 854653
The Lemaire style loose fit takes a while to get used to, I had the same doubts before but you'll love it in the long run. The draping looks good on you anyway so I suggest you keep it that way unless it bothers you intensely. You can balance it with slim pants or at least tapered ones. :)

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the sound advice everyone.

I'll keep it as is and try to get creative with some other pieces I have - I promised myself I would explore outside my comfort aesthetic and this is a good opportunity.

And yes, Uniqlo opened in Vancouver on October 6th, although I believe one has been open in Toronto for a while. Much better than having to proxy through my siblings in the US, although you still can't order online in Canada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads