• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden black shell LHS, 11.5 D. They're in great shape - had been lightly worn when I got them, and I've only probably worn them ten or twelve times in a couple years. Soles are still solid.

$175 shipped in the CONUS.

174E38BB-C1F9-472C-A3FF-F342927DF2B1.jpg

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have these, non-shell. wear them daily for work. like em quite a bit. good price! ^^

Last edited:

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for a Filson zip-in liner vest size medium. Color doesn't really matter. Just using it to make my jacket warmer.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How about this.

Looking for a topcoat, cashmere or cashmere blend preferred, but if it's nice, I'll take pure wool. Size 40-41. Charcoal, Black, Camel, or Navy in that order. Single breast preferred. I'd like to pay between $50-$100, but I could go a bit higher if it's particularly nice. Nothing longer than 40" from the bottom of the collar. Notch lapels preferred as well. Desired measurements would be around 18.5-19.5" shoulder, 22-23 inches in the chest, 25-26 inches in the sleeve, 20-22 inches in the waist, 36-40 inches in length. If it's close to these, i'll give it a shot.

Also, I've got the following for trade, if you'd prefer. I'd be willing to trade one or more of these for the right coat. They're all right around the same size except for the Saks jacket which is a bit smaller. I'm going to put all these up on eBay tonight, but I'm happy to pull them down if you've got something.

This is the badass. Cortefiel, made in Spain, Size 42, pure pimp and heavy as ****, center vent

Pit to Pit: 24
Sholder Seem to Cuff: 25.75
Material Under Cuff: 2.5
Across Shoulders: 19.5
Across Waist: 22.5
Bottom of Collar to Tail: 38

Pendleton herringbone Donnegal tweed, size 42 Mac, no vent

Pit to Pit: 24.5
Sholder Seem to Cuff:25
Material Under Cuff: 2.5
Across Shoulders: 19
Across Waist: 24.5
Bottom of Collar to Tail: 38.5

Saks 100% Cashmere, navy blue, longer, falls below my knees, measures somewhere around a 40, couple small defects, but overall a great peace (tiny amount of fraying on each cuff (unnoticeable unless you are looking for it, and the vent is starting to come undone from the inside)

Pit to Pit: 22.5
Sholder Seem to Cuff: 26
Material Under Cuff: 2
Across Shoulders: 19
Across Waist: 22
Bottom of Collar to Tail: 46.5

Vintage Pendleton farm coat, Large, unlined, probably around a 42-44, excellent condition. Actually got this one from someone here, but I don't think it's going to work for me. Very nice though, and super cool.

Pit to Pit: 26
Sholder Seem to Cuff: 25
Material Under Cuff: na
Across Shoulders: 20.5
Across Waist: 25
Bottom of Collar to Tail: 31

Last edited:

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmu if you have any knit/casual ties to unload

also looking for mint/new cardigans, 1/4 zip hoodie, full zip hoodie and v neck sweaters

thanks

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some AE Daltons or similar boots in almost anything beside Black. 9D/9.5D

ReubenR

Reaction score

Looking for some AE Daltons or similar boots in almost anything beside Black. 9D/9.5D

If you can't find something decent used, the JCPenney Deacon is a damn good buy at $50-60. The pair I have don't look particularly cheap and seem like they'll be good for a couple years of wear at least.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why I've never run across this thread, but I'm glad I finally have. This is awesome. I have tons of stuff I'd love to trade. Once I get some time to photograph, I'm in.

cdgreg

Reaction score
If you can't find something decent used, the JCPenney Deacon is a damn good buy at $50-60. The pair I have don't look particularly cheap and seem like they'll be good for a couple years of wear at least.

Holy God. Thank you for this lead. I think I know what I'll be buying on black Friday: http://dappered.com/2014/09/in-review-the-jc-penney-stafford-deacon-gunner-boot/

I've been wanting a couple pair of "staple" boots for the winter, but could not afford AE, especially with the fear of buying used and getting a size that didn't fit and trying to return/exchange.

Has anyone worn these with a trouser/SC or a gray or blue suit? Wondering if they look professional enough, or have that cheap looking sheen.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy God. Thank you for this lead. I think I know what I'll be buying on black Friday: http://dappered.com/2014/09/in-review-the-jc-penney-stafford-deacon-gunner-boot/

I've been wanting a couple pair of "staple" boots for the winter, but could not afford AE, especially with the fear of buying used and getting a size that didn't fit and trying to return/exchange.

Has anyone worn these with a trouser/SC or a gray or blue suit? Wondering if they look professional enough, or have that cheap looking sheen.

cdgreg

Reaction score
Somehow or another, they are actually made from full grain leather.

Ya, I'm quite intrigued. Truthfully probably higher quality leather than a number of my normal shoes. My wife and I have a child free day on Sunday, maybe we'll head to JCPennys. I shall report back...

Last edited:

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the predecessor to the Deacon. I'm insanely impressed with how they've held up after more than 2 years of wear and they're my go to boots right behind my Aldens.

I think I'm going to buy both the Deacon and the Gunner as a christmas gift to myself. You can get them in store for around $35 per pair once spring rolls around and they're putting all winter stuff on clearance (at least 2 years ago you could). One could easily argue that you get the most bang for your buck out of these over any other boot produced. ever.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You can get them in store for around $35 per pair once spring rolls around and they're putting all winter stuff on clearance (at least 2 years ago you could).

When does this happen? Should I just look out for normal sales or what? :D

Thirty-five sounds good bet. For the hundred retail, I would either go for a good used pair, or something like Zara, maybe -- quality in doubt, but more relevant details.

Related: does anyone have experience bleaching a leather sole? If the cobbler won't do it, I'd like to try this before re-soling a couple pair (so the transition to the new sole will look more natural).

Also related: I may be looking for cheap shiny black dress footwear, size 8.5-ish, the more streetwear-y, the better. Will trade or maybe even pay dollars, depending.

For reference: this guy:

0238063001_0_0.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads