• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creative Recreation has some nice styles at Nordstrom. The plain white or black is pretty cool, and reasonably priced

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go with Epaulet white mids and lows. My mids are my go-to for almost everything casual though.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, forgot about the W+H. I still really like their stuff but feel like the retail pricing has become unreasonable. For $300-350 sure good pickup, but $400-500, come on that's pushing it. On sale at $200-250, sure, I'll get a few pairs.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Anybody here try spier and McKay shirts? They look like they have some decent button down options and I was hoping I could drop in and have a look myself.

I think I have ~25 dress and casual. They're all I buy now. Best bang for buck. Not too expensive. Now I only buy custom, but RTW is insane value. $50 shirts that beat most of what you find for twice that elsewhere.

Personally I get one beater canvas pair and one mid range clean sleek leather pair. Current setup is:
Chucks

These are niiiice. I was going to buy some Kent Wang for this summer, but I might get these instead. Cost and best place to kop?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Browns house brand called Luca Del Forte. Made in Italy. I've looked at a LOT of this style of sneaker and usually the 'copy' versions are pretty obviously bad, from chunky lasts, clumsy cutting/stitching, 'off' proportions, etc. These ones I found were very close to being like a CP look with decent quality but they fit my fat feet and at $125 were worth the price for me (not at $200-300). I'd say they fit pretty true to size, I'm an 8 in most shoes and 7.5 in dress shoes. Got these (3 pairs) in an 8 and fit fine.

the black white versions - https://www.brownsshoes.com/LUCA-DE...tml?dwvar_220492_color=043&bid=LUCA DEL FORTE
I know the sizes are mostly gone but they do basically the same shoe every season.

For example - https://www.brownsshoes.com/LUCA-DE...tml?dwvar_227486_color=030&bid=LUCA DEL FORTE

and the 'new' ones you can wait for a sale - https://www.brownsshoes.com/LUCA-DE...67&sz=84&format=ajax&infinite=yes&scrollTo=67

I also bought these blue perforated ones, note that one less eyelet so my heel slips and I had to punch one more higher hole - https://www.brownsshoes.com/LUCA-DE...tml?dwvar_227491_color=023&bid=LUCA DEL FORTE

burgerkong

Reaction score

HOW COULD I FORGET KILLSHOTS LOL.

MFA certified (official outfit essentially). Good luck getting your hands on a pair, I ordered the second it went live and still hasn't shipped yet.

Ah, forgot about the W+H. I still really like their stuff but feel like the retail pricing has become unreasonable. For $300-350 sure good pickup, but $400-500, come on that's pushing it. On sale at $200-250, sure, I'll get a few pairs.

I was at Nordstom yesterday and they had a pair of size 11 court high's in grey marked down to $165. Did not cop, too small :(. This was at Yorkdale.

Last edited:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SuitSupply La Spalla full canvas is $1069. What are my other full canvas options in that price range that might be better?

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SuitSupply La Spalla full canvas is $1069. What are my other full canvas options in that price range that might be better?

I'd check out the Harry Rosen outlet. You can get Samuelsohn suits for half that (sometimes in the $3-400 range). You can also find Canali suits at the outlet around that price.

I find that SS fabrics feel cheap imo. Samuelsohn and Canali have better fabrics imo.

Last edited:

ADub

Reaction score

Saks and HBC will have Samuelsohn for less than that during sales. You can also get Ring Jacket suits from Rakuten from around $500 for the regular line to just under $1000 for Meister; that is before potential taxes and duties though.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kent Wang? You'd probably fit his pattern fairly well. Will require a try on suit, back and forth shipping, duty and tax, but fabric selection is nice. I'm guessing closer to $1500 all said and done.

What is SS full canvas MTM run?

akoustas

Reaction score
I'd use caution with Ring jacket. Great great stuff but the sizing isn't very friendly for the North American build - even a slender one.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads